Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through a wiring diagram and I have a grasp on the wiring coloring, where their is a connection vs a splice etc.. The one area I am still a little confused on is some of the number's next to the wires. Then do not seem to correspond to the splice or connection locations or for the EEC pin locations. I added a picture with a few of the numbers highlighted I am talking about. Anyone have any insight to this?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey First,

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having, but this might be helpful:

The numbers like the ones you've highlighted do not correspond to any particular piece of physical equipment such as a length of wire. The numbers refer to the signal. So for example, if Ground were designated "Signal 88", then everything numbered 88 would be the Ground. Engine Block, Chassis, Dozens of Ground Wires, etc.

If everything is working properly, all hardware points with the same signal number should have the same electric potential at any one time. So if "Signal 88" is ground, all things labelled "88" should read "0V".

·
Registered
148 Posts
There should be a table somewhere that gives a name or meaning to each of the numbered signals. For example, in that diagram, the engineer might have decided to call #32 "Starter Motor Command Signal"

·
Super Moderator
26,762 Posts
Yo First89Bronco,

Aa MLC788 advised.

Following from an old 86 Bronco EVTM

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, makes more sense now. Just so I am tracking and for instructional purposes only, if a wire has the circuit number 269 next to it and the Volts are lets just say 6.0, all other wires that have the circuit number 269 next to it should also read 6.0 volts?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ok, makes more sense now. Just so I am tracking and for instructional purposes only, if a wire has the circuit number 269 next to it and the Volts are lets just say 6.0, all other wires that have the circuit number 269 next to it should also read 6.0 volts?
Exactly. And let's say something changes the measured reading at some point along 269 from 6.0 V to 0.0 V. Then all other points along 269 should change to 0.0 V too.

If they don't, either something is broken (broken wire, loose connector, bad relay, etc), or you're not measuring where you think you're measuring.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks

Reactions: miesk5

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow up question, I have been working through some wire testing and I found something that does not quite make sense. It is the wire (circuit 32 R/LB) going to the starter relay. I highlighted a portion that has the same connection labeled twice in arrow.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I would have to see page 28 to be 100% sure, but I’m almost positive that is the firewall bulkhead fitting. It is for sure a double connector though.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slimpartywagon,
Here is the diagram that has the circuit 32 coming from Start/Ignition. C190 is I think in the steering column, (circuit 481 goes to the 60 pin connector) , C100 is Terminal 53 (not sure of the name, but its that round thing on the LH fire wall near the 60 pin connector) that runs to C114 that runs down to the Neutral Safety Switch then back up the harness to the same C114. So that is why I am confused with the diagram above as to why it has (2) C114 connectors when it should be just (1) connection come back from the transmission? Also the circuit already came through the firewall at C100?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts