Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did the Key on engine off test with the paper clip. I got some numbers that I wasn't able to match up on the list of codes from a previous thread. After I turned the key on I got a quick flash of the ce light and then a slower flash. After 6-9 seconds I got 1-1-1-3-3-3-3. All of those had a one second pause in between. I tried searching and the only code with a 33 at the end was code 633 which is 4X4L switch closed during KOEO. But I didnt get any 6's

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Ct88Bronco said:
When I did the Key on engine off test with the paper clip. I got some numbers that I wasn't able to match up on the list of codes from a previous thread. After I turned the key on I got a quick flash of the ce light and then a slower flash. After 6-9 seconds I got 1-1-1-3-3-3-3. All of those had a one second pause in between. I tried searching and the only code with a 33 at the end was code 633 which is 4X4L switch closed during KOEO. But I didnt get any 6's
88 will be two digit codes, not three. Pull the codes again and then try to match it to the two digit code list.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried again and got the same numbers, which I guess is the egr valve opening not detected. So this pretty much means I need a new egr valve sensor or new egr valve. But which should I try replacing first? I was also wondering how come it gave me the code 33 twice?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Ct88Bronco said:
I tried again and got the same numbers, which I guess is the egr valve opening not detected. So this pretty much means I need a new egr valve sensor or new egr valve. But which should I try replacing first? I was also wondering how come it gave me the code 33 twice?
The codes always repeat themselves.

33 (CM) = EGR valve opening not detected.
This is from the second part of the test (Continiouse Memory) The first set of codes was the KOEO (Key On Engine Off) test wich it passed.

The code means that the EVP has told the computer that the EGR is closed when the computer expects it to be open.

The following are the likley culprits. (In order of likleyhood)
1. Vaccome leak.

2. Bad EVP http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=35

3. A stuck EGR valve.
Gacknar said:
Here is a simple way to see if the EGR is reacting to vaccum.

1. Remove the vaccum line from the EGR valve.

2. Take a length of vaccum line and attach it to the now open vaccum port on the EGR.

3. Place the other end of the vaccume line between your lips.

4. Watch the EGR diafram looking threw the holes in the EGR housing.

5. Suck (this will create vaccum on the EGR diaphram)

6. If the diphram moved then your EGR valve is probably working properly.
4. Maybee even a bad EVR (EGR Vacume Regulator)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts