Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I picked up a Lund lighted visor for my F350 actually traded about $200 worth of labor for a friend. It’s blue my trucks white, then I pondered putting it on my bronco, gotta customize and finagle a little. Now the decision part.... I seen a sick wicked looking custom semi style visor on a standard truck and got that feeling deep down inside like when you kissed a girl for the first time, boy am I glad I got good bladder control or I’d have wet myself... didn’t have my damn phone but I’ll never forget it. My ponder conundrum is this, do I sell the Lund and pay the $$$ for the one that makes my loins tender or put the Lund on and just be happy? Although I might not be happy after seeing what I saw!!! Oh man help me out here? If I decide to part with it I’ll post up some pictures tomorrow with a for sale post. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
930 Posts
Installing a visor takes time, no matter which one, might as well get the one you want. You will regret if you don't, and will never get that time back.

·
Super Moderator
23,353 Posts
Yo MojoJojo,
I agree with broncosarge77!
Follow your dream cloud. May never get another chance this time around.links

·
Premium Member
34,870 Posts
I picked up an old LUND visor off Craigslist a few years back. I was going to install it before it occurred to me, LUND doesn't make them anymore. There's another company producing the same visor but the mounting holes are in different locations. In the end, I chose to set the old LUND aside and go with the new one... so if I had to replace it down the road, I wouldn't have to deal with the holes in my roof being wrong.

Point being... do it once and do it right, the way you want it. Unless you're trying to "flip" the rig, there's no point in doing it any other way.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,407 Posts
Are you talking about the kind of visor that is more parallel to the windshield? Like this one? If so, good freaking luck as they havent been made in probably 20 years. I had to search high and low to even find this pic. There is one living on a FSB member's bronco, but idk who's it is. It is dark green.

FUvFfCMhmJHw3MvwCeF1qjZC2m3cGdGrsvpixk_a5tY.jpg

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the kind of visor that is more parallel to the windshield? Like this one? If so, good freaking luck as they havent been made in probably 20 years. I had to search high and low to even find this pic. There is one living on a FSB member's bronco, but idk who's it is. It is dark green.

View attachment 150548
No it was custom built and either polished stainless or chrome, like the ones you see on 18 wheelers, and yes parallel to the glass. Might even do mine in polished aluminum. Like this only not so big.
CCEACFFD-4B0A-49EF-B86C-3018367250DA.jpeg

I’ll be cleaning up my shop after a late night Toyota repair party, I’ll get a couple good pictures of the one I have.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,407 Posts
No it was custom built and either polished stainless or chrome, like the ones you see on 18 wheelers, and yes parallel to the glass. Might even do mine in polished aluminum. Like this only not so big. View attachment 150549
I’ll be cleaning up my shop after a late night Toyota repair party, I’ll get a couple good pictures of the one I have.
I see

There is a line marked on your windshield in the upper driver corner that signifies the maximum amount of it you can tint or cover. If its below that line, you may get ticketed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That has been discussed with my favorite fabrication buddy, although it’s 100% illegal in Oregon to have your tires sticking out past your fenders yet 9 out of 10 4X4’s in my rural coastal cow farming town stick out at least an inch.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Here it is clamped on my FSB
I had one of those on my 97 F150. They look kind of cool but the wiring was cheezier than hell. I had to remove it 7 or 8 times over the years to repair the wires. It may not be so bad if your rig is garaged and you don't have to deal with snow, but at the time I didn't have a garage. Maybe it was how the original owner routed the wires? All I know is it was a PITA to keep removing the visor to solder the wires back on the light fixtures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I picked up an old LUND visor off Craigslist a few years back. I was going to install it before it occurred to me, LUND doesn't make them anymore. There's another company producing the same visor but the mounting holes are in different locations. In the end, I chose to set the old LUND aside and go with the new one... so if I had to replace it down the road, I wouldn't have to deal with the holes in my roof being wrong.

Point being... do it once and do it right, the way you want it. Unless you're trying to "flip" the rig, there's no point in doing it any other way.
Do you remember the brand, and possibly where you purchased said visor?

·
Addicted to Junk
10,407 Posts
Going to the JY tomorrow where they recently got two new trucks with visors on em. One lit and the other not. I've got one for my bronco, but need one for the f350 (or vise versa)

·
Addicted to Junk
10,407 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
also someone posted the f-series lund visor is different from the bronco lund visor that the bronco roof pitches upwards. FYI FYI

·
Premium Member
34,870 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,407 Posts
Checked out the two in the JY this morning. Grabbed a lighted Lund one off a Flareside pickup: #19002. Left a non-marked offbrand one on a supercab. It looked chincey. Didnt mount up as nicely as the lunds at the a-pillars and was too rounded.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No it was custom built and either polished stainless or chrome, like the ones you see on 18 wheelers, and yes parallel to the glass. Might even do mine in polished aluminum. Like this only not so big. View attachment 150549
Ew, no.
(Sorry, not a fan)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts