Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year was a great Deer Season, I never shot one before, had a couple chances, long story tell later through.
On the first day of opener I shot a doe around 152 lbs before field dressing.
Second day of opener, I shot a 5 and 10 pointer five minutes apart. I had to track all of the deer except for the 10 pointer which I dropped with one shot.
All three were shot legally. I had a Buck and Doe tag, but the 5 pointer went on my dads tag.

I haven't gotten a deer since, and I didn't go this year (2008)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice job. I hunted once (but had to do that damn course to get my license) but my dad hunts deer in New Jersey...damn I love to eat venison...sooooo good... Either if it’s just a piece of meat or the hot dogs or even the pepperoni he gets made. Anyway nice job enjoy them.

btw what do you do with the meat?

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are pics showing or not?

Me and my dad have it made into venison sticks, venison for meatballs and meatloaf, and Summer Sasuage.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Two tags is all you get? damn we get tons...:toothless Congrats on your first kills! :thumbup

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm relieved, now I got the pics up and working.
It was 16 freaking below when I shot that doe!
I have been deer hunting since I was 12, one time I shot at a doe with a 7mm-08, must have deflected off the thick brush. The other, I saw a buck but could not get a clear shot. I missed out my seniro year because I fell out of my stand, lost my balance. I was using a Ruger M-77 30x06 with a Nikon that I won at a Ducks Unlimited Banquet when I was a freshman in HS. $800 dollar package.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
"All three were shot legally. I had a Buck and Doe tag, but the 5 pointer went on my dads tag."

how were they shot legally if you shot it and your dad tagged it??

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fordman7795 said:
"All three were shot legally. I had a Buck and Doe tag, but the 5 pointer went on my dads tag."

how were they shot legally if you shot it and your dad tagged it??
We were hunting in a party of 4 including me, in MN it is legal to party hunt.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
But you resurected a thread on Monday so it is all good....

Nice buck BY the way

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not going to do a shoulder on mount this one. I had an antelope mounted recently so my taxidermy funds are low. I'll probably do an antler only mount myself.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
this is the kind of stuff you get in pa, not too often are they much bigger. i'd say 85%, are equal or smaller, at least here in western pa. id love to see bucks like the one you got.

edit: and yes thats a 6.5x55 sweedish 700 bdl classic! teets!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts