Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Yo,
Tmoore0028 wrote, "FYI I went through hell trying to figure out why my starter would get stuck on my 1987 Bronco. Replaced the starter, relay and the Solenoid and it was still happening. Lucky I have a pretty knowledgeable repair guy and after some trial and error, we determined the cheap relay for the Bronco is made in China and is significantly underrated. Would work for a while and would fuse after a couple of starts. Finally fixed the problem by ordering the relay from Ford. Hopefully saves you so headache."
@ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/503182-stater-solenoid-stuck-1987-bronco.html

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Yo,
Background; DTC 334 EGR (EVP) closed valve voltage higher than expected; "

rla2005 had previously written on 15 MAY 2019 in response to a DTC 334 thread started by CZ Eddie on previoys day;"...We have seen the rod on the sensor too long from the manufacturer. This will cause the closed EGR signal (via the EVP) to be above specification then trigger code 334..".

CZ Eddie replied on 16 MAY 2019;
" I cannot believe it, but you were RIGHT.
That stupid freakin dorky tater tot silly EVP.
Both the old brand-new one AND the new-new one that I bought, were DEFECTIVE.
I shaved a tiny bit off the end of the pintle.
Put it on the EGR.
Ran the OBD1 test.
No codes.
Just 111 I loves you. 111 you are free. 111 **** the EGR. 111 time to move on now.
I put the spare old-new EVP on my bench grinder and took off as much metal as you can see in the pics below.
3rd pic is where it was before I touched it.
2nd pic is how much metal I removed from it.
Installed it.
And all is sooooo good.
I mean, pending drive test and all that.
But I'm going to buy the Motorcraft EVP anyways."

But Eddie wrote,. On 17 MAY 2019, "Oh yeah, and I installed the new Motorcraft EVP.
Oddly enough, it had a longer pintle.
So pintle length seems subjective to I guess, resistance. Maybe the non OEM units have the wrong resistance readings based on length."

@ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/7-1980-96-bronco-tech/504228-stubborn-code-334-172-egr-closed-voltage-higher-than-expected.html

WTG RLA!

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Yo,
thequietman wrote on 19 July 2019, "Quantum fuel pumps are not all they are cracked up to be. I'm stuck in north GA because my fuel pressure cant be maintained.

It showed signs of this before but now it cant even maintain more than 22psi".
He has a 95.

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Yo,

Distributor:

Originally Posted by convoy;
"Is Cardone and A-1 Cardone different? All the complaints about the cheap distributors from Autozone are Cardone, but the Napa Distributor (which most agree is a good choice) is a A-1 Cardone?"

SigEpBlue replied; "That's a darn good question. IMHO, I think AutoBone is trying to undercut their competition and has some sort of agreement with Cardone to sell cheaper & inferior parts, hoping the customers won't notice.

For instance, on the FOUR DISTRIBUTORS I went through trying to get a working one from AutoBone, the PIP wiring was very flimsy and thin compared to the one I ended up getting from NAPA (which worked on the very first try, btw). The NAPA distributor's PIP is beefy, like the original one, but came in almost the same box.

Something's going on, that's for sure. This wouldn't be the first time AutoBone did this, either. A similar scam, which never came to pass thank God, was proposed with some of Tenneco's products such as Monroe shocks and struts."

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yo,
40ozT0Freedom wrote about the 90 Bronco ignition control module;

"Go motorcraft. My NAPA one died on me randomly. I bought another NAPA one because I was in a pinch, but have a motorcraft on deck if that thing craps out on me again."

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Yo on 2 JAN 2020,
Rukuss, wrote, "Another update: I replaced the Napa IAC with a motorcraft IAC and the engine PURRS! I sat idle with my jaw dropped for so long the engine began running hot. Motorcraft everything from now on, lesson learned."

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Yo,
KyleQ wrote, "I recently had issues with my VSS and replacing the VSS sensor to a OE Ford sensor cleared up my problems. The parts store sensor never worked as good as OE and failed within a year."

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
What is the deal here??
Yo epicVIN,
This thread is a compilation of defective Big Bronco parts and sources other members obtained them from.
Al

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Yo epicVIN,
This thread is a compilation of defective Big Bronco parts and sources other members obtained them from.
Al
Take a look at his recent posts and you'll see a ton of similar short comments adding nothing to threads... Almost like spamming...

·
Super Moderator
24,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Take a look at his recent posts and you'll see a ton of similar short comments adding nothing to threads... Almost like spamming...
Yo d,
Thanks, I have him on watch list and have sent him a message warning of padding postss or worse.
Al

121 - 130 of 130 Posts