Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Driving the other night, I noticed that my defroster in my 94 Bronco doesn't work. When I hit the button, I can hear a click but no light. I checked the fuses and saw that it was blown. Just replaced it and tried to turn it on to see if it worked. A little flash of light on the defroster and then it died. Checked the new fuse that I just put in and it was blown as well. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
382 Posts
perhaps you have a short or open. back probe and check for voltage at the switch and at the blower connector
I think he was talking about his rear window defroster:toothless

I guess I'd start by dropping the tailgate and taking a look at my wiring harness to see if there are any pinched wires. It definetely sounds like you have a short somewhere.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would say something in the wireing as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is the rear defroster. Can you elaborate as to the steps I should do to check? Trying to start work on my truck so some detailed steps would be great. Sorry for the baby sitting. I tried to seach for DIY posts that might have pictures or something but no luck.

I think he was talking about his rear window defroster:toothless

I guess I'd start by dropping the tailgate and taking a look at my wiring harness to see if there are any pinched wires. It definetely sounds like you have a short somewhere.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
the connection for the wiring harness is behind the driver side tail lite lense, so you are going to need to take the lense assembly off. there is also a wiring connection for the brake lite on the fberglass top the is hidden beind the rear interior panel, i dont think you need to pull that out but i thought that you should know. sounds like you are grounding out on something.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My problem is the opposite. I hear the click. The light comes on. The window stays frosty!?! WTF!?! Is that a problem with the actual element in the window? Please help...anybody!:whiteflag

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes in the driver side taillight you will see the conector for the tailgate wiring harnes. If i were u i would disconect that connection then go put a new fuse in and trun the defroster on. if the fuse blows then u have a short some where in the harness between the tailight and the switch. If it dosent then u hvae a short between the tailight and the window. To me it mostly likely got nicked right were the harnes goes in the tailgate that would be the first place i would look if u cant see any thing visualy let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts