Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys?!
On a stock gauge, does any know what the degree range is on a stock gauge on a 95, in other words what would be the temp if the needle is on L in NORMAL?
This is why I'm asking.....
My truck always seem to run to cool, always stayed below half even on the hottest days with the A/C on, and in the mornings on the freeway it wouldn't even hit the N in Normal.
Anyway, I installed an aftermarket temp gauge(electric)and changed the T-Stat with a 195*the one in there was 180*. Now the stock gauge gets to the L in NORMAL, which its never done before and the aftermarket gauge(sender is in t-stat housing)stays around 195*.
So what degree is the L in NORMAL?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The "L" would be around 110 degrees. A buddy of mine has a 96 F150 and half the instruments in the cluster went out. They never moved. Oil, temp and fuel gauges all are dead. The oil always stayed at "L" on normal and the rest stayed at zero.

Your cluster may be dying like his did.

·
Registered
1989 ford bronco xlt
173 Posts
My temp gauge is the same way good luck

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just trying to make a comparison between the stock gauge and aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Did you burp the system after replacing your thermostat?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you burp the system after replacing your thermostat?
Yes I did. I ran it at 1500 rpms with rad cap off, that didn't do it so I removed heater hose till coolant ran out.
I know the new t-stat isn't defective cuz I took the upper hose off when it was still pretty warm and coolant ran out of the housing

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Ok, that was my problem when I had that happen. Maybe since you have a 195 thermostat in there now, the stock gauge is reading hotter. If your aftermarket gauge says its running at 195*, the L is 195*.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, that was my problem when I had that happen. Maybe since you have a 195 thermostat in there now, the stock gauge is reading hotter. If your aftermarket gauge says its running at 195*, the L is 195*.
Isn't the stock/factory T-stat suppose to be 195*?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts