Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say a picture of a potential 78 bronco to buy, anhow, it has a 6" skyjacker all spring lift in it with those huge drop brakets, i have never been a fan of them, even thouhg most dont have a problem, to me they seem cheap, and likely to fail.

if gdegreed c bushings are in place, can the drop braket be removed completely. does the c bushing somehow turn the axle just a bit, our just how the radiuis arm meets the axle

and on a 6" lift, is it the 6` bushing?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
IIRC, there are 2, 4, and 7º bushings... in your case, you'd want the 7º bushings. However, I'm unsure as to whether, or not, you'd need a short drop bracket for the arms :shrug

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Lonestar_Bronco said:
I've got 6" Skyjacker coils, 7 degree bushings, and no brackets. Works for me.

ditto

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
davids78bronco said:
IIRC, there are 2, 4, and 7º bushings... in your case, you'd want the 7º bushings. However, I'm unsure as to whether, or not, you'd need a short drop bracket for the arms :shrug
ok when i bought my truck, i looked at alot of kits. all the new bushing kits were 2*, the 2" lifts offered 4* & the 4" lift included 7* bushings. the 6" lift kit had 7* bushing & a 2" radius arm drop bracket. it seems that if you keep lifting & not dropping the radius arms, the arms will be pointing straight down to an axle thats under the drivers door & the springs will be bowed out... it is nice to hear that you guys are running 6" lifts & no r/a drop brackets. i bought my U bolts long enough to add 2" blocks

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
yup Im not running drop brackets and 7*bushings on my arms. The caster is a bit off but its totally doable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts