Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has the stock fast and faster wipers. Then where the switches plug in and the metal part is got pulled apart, So I went and bought the switch for a 78 bronco.He brought out a delay one, Ok cool sounds good, the one wire coming off of it that mine did not have.

So previous to buying this one I had the old one plugged in and it sounded like it was grounding out inside and making funny noises so I turned ignition off and un plugged it, Now I put the new one in, I get 1 speed, Which is the fastest one, And other then that it sounds like its grounding out and the black ground wire coming off of it has power to it which I dont understand at all

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Take the switch you bought back & get your money back. Then buy a stock wiper switch. Then drop $50 on the delay box, which is external to the switch.

Maybe LMC truck offers this part. Or Bronco Graveyard.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
You have to install both delay box with the delay switch in order for everything to work right. Just installing the delay switch or delay box alone will not give you the delay feature, they work together. The wire on the delay switch has to be attached to a grounding point.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I pulled the delay switch, and box off a 77 F150, and installed it in my 78 Bronco. It was a plug and play, install. NO wires to cut or splice.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
LMC truck sell them. Catagory "wipers".

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I dont really want to do anymore online shopping, For me its either a wrecker or try and deal with lordco, whatever is best, as of right now I just have the fast and faster wipers again, So that will work for now, I am putting in a window wiper spray can tomorrow so when I go wheeling I have both not just wipers

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cruz would be cool, I dont have a cb, So i got no use for that. Thanks anyway man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts