Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,920 Posts
Not like that around here. Usually we see a few Republican signs, but not many. Mostly Democrat stuff. Last election the only Trump anything I saw was an old mattress leaning on a tree. The spray painting on it said "Trump eats Boogers".

Trump won in spite of the booger slinging.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,535 Posts
I got mine 😁
20200528_203642-1.jpg

Only one in my neighborhood tho ☹ but I see a few going between my lil bro into Erie 15 miles away... Mostly out here in the country tho. Them City folk seem to like their free shit too much to vote the policy instead of the party...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep! My house is in the woods so I drive from way back up in the woods to my woods on the way home from camp so it is wayyyyyyy rural. Even during the last election Trump stuff was well beyond 10-1 in the small town of about 11K where I work. That same town has some Trump stuff up and a couple are heavily decorated with 5x8 Trump flags etc. I have even seen a few of the "Trump 2020 No More Bull$h!t" banners stretched across lawns. Man it's cool. My wife even said we should get a Trump sign for home. I was speechless at first and asked why now because she had always been against political stuff because of our small town and her business. She said if the dems get in I won't have a business left to work at and I shouldn't have to be ashamed of who I support just because someone doesn't agree with me. I was and still am smiling like a chesire Cat!!
Swamp

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think all of you know where I stand on Trump. The reason he pisses me off is that his idea of American and my idea of America is at odds. I grew up in a single wide trailer in North Florida in a mostly white.. very poor... community. Trust me there are no shortages of Trump signs where I grew up. When everyone is the same... ie race, background, life experiences.... life is easy and simple. That is not my vision of America. My American vision is a mixing pot with different religions, races, and nationalities living together as Americans. My grandmother came to this great nation from Italy when she was 18 years old. I'm thankful and glad to be an American. I served in the Marines ( where I would have gladly given up my life for my country) and still get goosebumps when the national anthem is played. I made the decision to raise my children in the most diverse and integrated community I could find. We will see if my decision was the correct one..... but I'm living my beliefs everyday... and trying to teach my children understanding and tolerance. Here is my sons 5th grade class picture. Our strength as Americans is our diversity. This should be celebrated everyday.

It is a hard road to walk for someone who grew up in community where everyone was the same..... but I want my son to be a better man than me.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
That's wonderful Paul. Trump grew up in NYC, which I betcha is a bigger melting pot than most parts of the US. I know because I grew up there also. Where has he ever stated he is against someone due to their race? The big problem right now is there are people in the country, unlike you and me and all of the kids in that photo, that hate the US. US citizens who hate the US and want to bring the system down. Think Antifa and BLM. They want to bring down the system you were willing to die for. So tell me how do you unite with people with those beliefs? You cannot.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know why you think Trump's idea of America is different? All he asks is that those coming here do so legally and respect the country. If you come to America come here not expecting to assimilate then maybe you shouldn't come. Maybe my money shouldn't be used to teach children in a foreign language. Maybe my money should be used to teach children how to speak, read and write English. Maybe it shouldn't be so easy to exist in this country whether or not you were born here with so little effort.
Just because you are raised in an area that has great diversity does not mean you will not be racist or are magically more accepting of people. That in itself is a ridiculous assumption.
We had many a white trash living in our area that had proved to be so by their behavior. I heard derogatory names called and for the most part those people were left to themselves and not part of the community. When I was older we had quite a few foreign exchange students sponsored from all over. Russia, Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador etc. I have only fond memories of when they were in school. Without fail all that I met were here to learn our customs and languages. Not once did I come to believe that they felt they were owed anything. Quite the contrary. They did everything they could to learn how and why we did things the way we did and we learned about their countries as well.
To be quite honest. the few who maltreated an exchange student was shunned. I saw that same thing happen in pretty much every small community around. When I hear Trump speak that is what I hear as his idea of America. Not flooding the country with as many illegals as possible to overwhelm our system with liabilities, but to strengthen our system with many cultures with a common goal of making the U.S.A. a great country.
The dems with all of their hate are dividing this country on purpose to keep control of the money and power. Trump has never done anything to promote that. Check out my next post you'll see what it's about.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's wonderful Paul. Trump grew up in NYC, which I betcha is a bigger melting pot than most parts of the US. I know because I grew up there also. Where has he ever stated he is against someone due to their race? The big problem right now is there are people in the country, unlike you and me and all of the kids in that photo, that hate the US. US citizens who hate the US and want to bring the system down. Think Antifa and BLM. They want to bring down the system you were willing to die for. So tell me how do you unite with people with those beliefs? You cannot.
I don't know why you think Trump's idea of America is different? All he asks is that those coming here do so legally and respect the country. If you come to America come here not expecting to assimilate then maybe you shouldn't come. Maybe my money shouldn't be used to teach children in a foreign language. Maybe my money should be used to teach children how to speak, read and write English. Maybe it shouldn't be so easy to exist in this country whether or not you were born here with so little effort.
Just because you are raised in an area that has great diversity does not mean you will not be racist or are magically more accepting of people. That in itself is a ridiculous assumption.
We had many a white trash living in our area that had proved to be so by their behavior. I heard derogatory names called and for the most part those people were left to themselves and not part of the community. When I was older we had quite a few foreign exchange students sponsored from all over. Russia, Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador etc. I have only fond memories of when they were in school. Without fail all that I met were here to learn our customs and languages. Not once did I come to believe that they felt they were owed anything. Quite the contrary. They did everything they could to learn how and why we did things the way we did and we learned about their countries as well.
To be quite honest. the few who maltreated an exchange student was shunned. I saw that same thing happen in pretty much every small community around. When I hear Trump speak that is what I hear as his idea of America. Not flooding the country with as many illegals as possible to overwhelm our system with liabilities, but to strengthen our system with many cultures with a common goal of making the U.S.A. a great country.
The dems with all of their hate are dividing this country on purpose to keep control of the money and power. Trump has never done anything to promote that. Check out my next post you'll see what it's about.
All he ask is that those coming here do so legally? BS. This administration is doing everything in its power to change how people can get here legally. If you haven't heard him say he wants to change the current immigration laws then you simply haven't been listening. And perhaps you don't consider Trumps two speeches this weekend divisive, but I do and so do millions of others like me. There have been an estimated 26 million people protesting since the murder of George Floyd, the most in history. During two speeches during the celebration of the birthday of the nation. not a word about the pain and suffering of millions of Americans. Trump act as if he were the president of the Confederacy. Keep the military bases named after failed confederate officers. Condemn Americans peacefully protesting police misconduct.

Trumps idea of America is more immigrants from northern (white) countries. More wealthy people. And the only common goal with Trump is gaining wealth.

And just abut everything Trump has done is to maintain the control of the people who have the money and power. It is difficult to think of anything he has done that did not have that as the primary goal.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I think all of you know where I stand on Trump. The reason he pisses me off is that his idea of American and my idea of America is at odds. I grew up in a single wide trailer in North Florida in a mostly white.. very poor... community. Trust me there are no shortages of Trump signs where I grew up. When everyone is the same... ie race, background, life experiences.... life is easy and simple. That is not my vision of America. My American vision is a mixing pot with different religions, races, and nationalities living together as Americans. My grandmother came to this great nation from Italy when she was 18 years old. I'm thankful and glad to be an American. I served in the Marines ( where I would have gladly given up my life for my country) and still get goosebumps when the national anthem is played. I made the decision to raise my children in the most diverse and integrated community I could find. We will see if my decision was the correct one..... but I'm living my beliefs everyday... and trying to teach my children understanding and tolerance. Here is my sons 5th grade class picture. Our strength as Americans is our diversity. This should be celebrated everyday.

It is a hard road to walk for someone who grew up in community where everyone was the same..... but I want my son to be a better man than me.

View attachment 162854
(Kinda lumping replies to u and drb in this same comment)
Do u think the president is against diversity? He's not... He just wants it done legally... And has on many occasions praised and expressed gratitude towards our diversity. He doesn't believe in only 1 religion, just because he practices the Catholic faith doesn't mean he is against others. Again points towards the diversity that made America great that he loves. He isn't against minorities... He's against crime... And it's nobody's fault but their own that the majority of crime is committed by minorities... That doesn't make him racist, it makes him factual... And if he were racist why would he have worked so hard to get the lowest minority unemployment in our history? He's signed historic bills and executive orders uplifting minorities, something the left has promised to do for 50 years and still haven't done.

Drb was right on one point... One of the president's goals is gaining wealth... He wants ALL Americans to prosper, to have the opportunities to prosper... And we can't do that when we're suffocated and shackled with unbalanced trade deals and over regulated manufacturing... We are a capitalist society and that isn't going to change. Anyone can become wealthy in this country if they are motivated to be so, not just those from affluent majority white neighborhoods. The NFL, NBA and plethora of rappers are proof of that.
I'm not even going to comment on the "peaceful protest" bs because that isn't a federal issue, it's a state issue that the president has no say over. He can only control the 10 square miles that is DC... As far as the military bases go and those "failed officers"...u might want to refresh your history lesson. Many of those Confederate military leaders were great military minds... Let's just forget the fact that they were seriously out manned by about 19 million souls and millions of dollars. Many were northerners who returned to defend their southern birth places out of a sense of duty and honor... And no not to preserve slavery. The civil war was started over unfair taxation in the south on imported textiles to compel them to buy more expensive northern manufactured textiles... Slavery didn't even come into it until after the war was started...

So many people are completely ignorant to the truth, to the facts, and to exactly what the power of the presidency truly is... It's easy to buy the media hype when it's all that's shoved in your face 24/7, but because people are also inherently lazy, they don't care to seek out the truth and believe the spoonfed lies. Ask yourself why did the Obama administration rescind the propaganda rule? Why isn't the FCC removing licensing of broadcasters who continually violate the truth in journalism rule? There is so much underhandedness afoot against this administration, ask yourself why? Career politicians who make under 200k a year are multimillionaires, why? Certainly not smart investing... But y'all are right... Trump is evil, everything is his fault 🙄

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
There have been an estimated 26 million people protesting since the murder of George Floyd, the most in history
You're gonna have to show me where u saw this bs... And I'm pretty sure collectively and cumulatively there were more protestors against the Vietnam war then there were for that p.o.s repeat offender drug addict covid positive Floyd. Betcha he wishes he would followed those quarantine orders now 😏 coulda saved his life had he just listened...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here we go again dribble. All this touchy feely stuff got you all worked up. Are you F'in telling me that suddenly those historic monuments became offensive? You and your ilk are so full of rank septic fodder it's hard to tell where the sewer left off. Many of those statues are over a century old and just now somebody is finding them offensive. What a pathetic pile of BS of an excuse to ransack communities. Absolute utter moronity. The only reason you feel the statues are offensive is because SOMEONE TOLD YOU TO THINK THEY ARE OFFENSIVE!
Of course Trump is making it harder for people to come to this country! You would have to be ignorant to believe this country can continue to bring in free loaders and violent felons and survive which is exactly the reason the leftist like Obumma made it easier. Trump is trying to get immigrants who really want to come here and be successful and contribute to our economy not suck it dry like leeches.
The real problem is that people like you WANT TO SEE VICTIM HOOD in everything and you want to see racism in everything. You all are just too ignorant to see that there can be good in bad. The general may have been a great tactician who had ideas that saved countless lives in WWII even if he fought for the confederacy.
Let's face it dribble you just haven't woke up to the fact that the leftist commies are using you just like the Blacks and other minorities. You can't and won't get it until everyone in this country is poor, starving, uneducated and being ruled by what we used to call democrats. You go ahead and get on that fema train when the next big deal hits and you'll find out that as imperfect of a system we currently have can get hundreds of times worse and without people like Trump that will be way sooner than later.

·
Bronco Snob
2,205 Posts
Hey, drb....I think you got your wires crossed...26 million is the number of new coronavirus cases in Florida. ;)

Reactions: cobrajoe

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,200 Posts
I think all of you know where I stand on Trump. The reason he pisses me off is that his idea of American and my idea of America is at odds.
I'm really sorry to hear from someone like you with this opinion. You've been fed so much bullshit by the liberal media that you've apparently just swallowed hook, line and sinker. I am sincerely NOT trying to insult you or be derogatory but your vision of our President and mine are so completely at odds that there's no other sane explanation. It still confuses the hell out of me to see reasonable, intelligent people who must refuse to acknowledge that they've been lied too, not once, not twice but literally time after time and again. It just makes me sad but I know that your all in and no matter what I might say or how I would try to prove it to you... you won't see it because you don't want to anymore.

I'm sorry for you man. Truly.

That said... wish you nothing but the best with your rug-rats and hope they grow up with bright, open hearts and minds... just not so open their brains fall out. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
You're gonna have to show me where u saw this bs... And I'm pretty sure collectively and cumulatively there were more protestors against the Vietnam war then there were for that p.o.s repeat offender drug addict covid positive Floyd. Betcha he wishes he would followed those quarantine orders now 😏 coulda saved his life had he just listened...
So now it's Floyd's fault? BS. I do not think the death penalty is called for in cases of repeat offender drug addicts or those who do not follow quarantine orders. Blaming the victim is just so common though. There is currently a person in jail accused of murdering Floyd, and three others charged with other crimes surrounding the actions.

And I think that the protest are based on the idea that without the public video of the incident, nothing would have been done. The 911 dispatcher thought something was wrong, but does anyone seriously think that would have been enough to overcome the false reports filed by the perps?
And I'll bet the officers wish they had followed proper procedures now, coulda saved their jobs had they just listened.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Trump's fan base is the most loyal and loudest I've ever seen. So big surprise you see more trump stuff. And fun fact, most people who any of you would consider a democrat aren't too happy with the democrats, biden, or their actions, they aren't advertising their political stance.I can't see myself ever spending money on a flag for a political candidate, I have better things to spend money on and it's not like it will accomplish anything anyway. TBH, the only flag I've ever considered buying is a Gambler 500 Florida flag, to fly at camp during out of state events so people can find me.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
So now it's Floyd's fault?
It's ABSOLUTELY his fault... If he would have followed quarantine orders in the first place he wouldn't have been on the streets high and belligerent and the cops never would have had cause to deal with him... It's called cause and effect... Cause...He violated the quarantine orders, got high, got stupid, ... Effect....got the cops involved, got dead... His fault...
Here's another for ya... Cause... Cop gets involved, gets overzealous, someone dies... Effect... Cop goes to jail... Cops fault...
Everyone is responsible for their own choices... Everyone has regrets... Everyone has to accept the ramifications that come from the decisions THEY make... Most places call that being an adult...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Trump's fan base is the most loyal and loudest I've ever seen. So big surprise you see more trump stuff. And fun fact, most people who any of you would consider a democrat aren't too happy with the democrats, biden, or their actions, they aren't advertising their political stance.I can't see myself ever spending money on a flag for a political candidate, I have better things to spend money on and it's not like it will accomplish anything anyway. TBH, the only flag I've ever considered buying is a Gambler 500 Florida flag, to fly at camp during out of state events so people can find me.
Just so you know, a lot of the flags are free for making a campaign contribution. Trump gives away all kinds of things to help his campaign...if you donate...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I get c
I'm really sorry to hear from someone like you with this opinion. You've been fed so much bullshit by the liberal media that you've apparently just swallowed hook, line and sinker. I am sincerely NOT trying to insult you or be derogatory but your vision of our President and mine are so completely at odds that there's no other sane explanation. It still confuses the hell out of me to see reasonable, intelligent people who must refuse to acknowledge that they've been lied too, not once, not twice but literally time after time and again. It just makes me sad but I know that your all in and no matter what I might say or how I would try to prove it to you... you won't see it because you don't want to anymore.

I'm sorry for you man. Truly.

That said... wish you nothing but the best with your rug-rats and hope they grow up with bright, open hearts and minds... just not so open their brains fall out. ;)
[/Q
It's ABSOLUTELY his fault... If he would have followed quarantine orders in the first place he wouldn't have been on the streets high and belligerent and the cops never would have had cause to deal with him... It's called cause and effect... Cause...He violated the quarantine orders, got high, got stupid, ... Effect....got the cops involved, got dead... His fault...
Here's another for ya... Cause... Cop gets involved, gets overzealous, someone dies... Effect... Cop goes to jail... Cops fault...
Everyone is responsible for their own choices... Everyone has regrets... Everyone has to accept the ramifications that come from the decisions THEY make... Most places call that being an adult...
If only that were true. The difference is the cop could have stopped, Floyd couldn't. Yes, Floyd made a decision to get up in the morning. Could have stayed in bed. On and on all day choice after choice after choice, which ended up in a place where all choice was stopped. After Floyd's choices were ended, the cops choices began anew. There were over 8 minutes where Floyd had no choice, and it killed him.

Every murder, and rape victim makes a series of choice throughout the day which lead them to the point of the attack, so by your logic, every murder and rape is a matter of choice.

I don't buy it. Because I chose to be in a certain place at a certain time does not put the blame for any crime on me. Floyd is no more responsible for his murder than the lady in Charlottesville was responsible for her death by being run over by the driver of the car that killed her.

I do not believe that Breonna Taylor was responsible for her murder by choosing to sit and watch TV instead of accompanying her boyfriend out to dinner. Simple choice and she would still be alive. Her fault? I don't think so.

Oh, I do understand that in this country many people believe the way you do when the police are involved. Including the courts. They are wrong, which is the main cause for all of the current protest.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts