Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Bronco Snob
2,207 Posts
Under Obama... the urban development stimulus assisted in plumbing my rural county with fiber optic internet lines. Being immediately aware of it, I was able to sign up early and have it installed on my property without additional cost, because the local PUD used it to install updated, remote readable power meters. That's the only truly positive thing I can think of. Unfortunately... the monthly cost is not cheap.

Obamacare shifted a major burden onto the state, which in turn shifted it directly to the poor by changing the health insurance "spend down". I have federal Medicare as part of my Social Security Disability, which pays around 80% expenses after deductible. State Medicaid assists by paying my Medicare $100, monthly premium. Prior to Obama care... state coverage would kick in the full coverage (covering what Medicare won't) when medical expense exceeded $1500 in 3 to 6 months. Immediately after Obamacare, the requirement increased to $3000 in a 3 month period... doubling the amount of debt and potentially cutting the available time frame in half, before they will assist. All state residents in the lowest incomes with the minimal health coverage were hurt the most by a program that was supposed to specifically be designed to help them and from experience, repealing Obamacare will NOT restore the previous system. WA will NOT give it up now. I literally have to save money for about 6 months to a year, if I need any medical care that is not emergency care and I'm actually on the higher end of SSDI income. My Father, on SSI pulls in significantly less than I do and is saddled with the same basic health care challenges, as do thousands of other fixed income residents in WA.

Read my signature. I said it every day, day after day, year after year. I understood exactly what it meant (yes, they used to actually teach that stuff) when I said it and I meant it. I take my oaths seriously and it's a god-damn shame and 1/2 of what's wrong with our country and the world, that more people don't. That excuse is a cop-out, plain and simple... an excuse to avoid responsibility and a weak one at that.

The United States Constitution has served our nation better than any other document(s) has guided any other nation in the history of our planet, with an arguable exception for the Christian Bible's 10 Commandments. It has served us well for a couple hundred years, through everything life and the world have thrown at us as a young and developing nation quickly rose to become the most prominent and powerful nation that has ever been. We are far from perfect but we are absolutely the best thing going this world has ever seen and we can and should continue to be better.

Yes... there are provided provisions to change details of our Constitution but it is the spirit in which it was written, the Liberty and Equality it was carefully designed to protect that are absolutely paramount in maintaining. Right now... we have a nation, a people and a world in conflict and turmoil, potentially on the verge of world shaking conflicts. We are being attacked by enemies from within our own government and in communities across that nation with ideologies that are directly in conflict with our Constitution and our basic ideals of protecting Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness guaranteed to each and every individual citizen of this great nation of ours. We can't seem to agree on what is basically wrong or right anymore. I could give more examples over the past 2 years alone than I have the time or patience to type out here. At this point, making changes to the same document that was written to put our god given / natural born rights in a clear document for our nations government to be held in check by is a risky proposition at best and the cost could be devastating to the Freedoms and Liberties we have enjoyed and people around the world have admired and desired, for centuries. That being the case, I don't see any changes that are needed so badly that we should even try to modify this sacred document, at this point and time in our nations history.

Of course, that last part is just my opinion but I'll stand my it until someone can reasonably convince me otherwise.
Well said Bro. I find myself usually only making short reply to these threads (usually snarky) because most of the time you speak for me just fine. The only thing I would add is that there is a reason the Founders made amending the Constitution so difficult, they believed the Document was NOT living and should not be subject to change at the whims of a constant changing society. The Federalist Papers, and numerous personal accounts from the Founders show this.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Reactions: RicoBronco

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,548 Posts
Well said Bro. I find myself usually only making short reply to these threads (usually snarky) because most of the time you speak for me just fine. The only thing I would add is that there is a reason the Founders made amending the Constitution so difficult, they believed the Document was NOT living and should not be subject to change at the whims of a constant changing society. The Federalist Papers, and numerous personal accounts from the Founders show this.
Thank you!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,219 Posts
Joe Biden... the lame imitator. No wonder he can't remember his own name The guy hasn't uttered an original thought in most of his life. Plagiarist in Chief would inspire future generations with words he's stolen from people much smarter than he would ever hope to be and now that he can't remember who his wife is or which little girl he's already sniffed and pawed... I can't even imagine the sh!t show this puppet of the commies would be.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts