Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed and what not, but it sure would be great to have us local FSBers meet up for a Saturday breakfast once a month or something like that. I have attended a few with the Colorado Classic Broncos club, but it's all early Broncos and I feel like the fat kid out with my honking 78.

Those guys meet as far south as Colorado Springs and as far north as Loveland and other places in between. This month's was last Saturday in Sheridan/Englewood for example.

Don't let the EBers have all the fun! Would any of you front range folks (or others elsewhere) be interested? We could show off are our rigs, buy/sell/trade parts, recommend (or say stay away from!) local Bronco-related service shops and share experiences/tips/tricks, join hands in a circle and sing kum ba yah, you get the picture.

Hey, it's summertime, let's start it now!

So?...............

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I can find some more FSB guys in northern Colorado I'd be interested in something like this also. Denver isn't "far" by any stretch, but it does make for quite the haul in the Bronc. Definitely be interested to see what comes up.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be great! I made the trip down to Colorado Springs from my house in Westminster/Broomfield area. It was the longest drive in one sitting I've done in it yet. It made it just fine, but yeah, I wouldn't want to do that regularly.

For the northern guys, I have no issue going to Longmont, Ft. Collins, Loveland, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live down in Colorado Springs, I would love to maybe get together and meet up with some of the guys who know the trails and the area around Denver. I have just moved to the Springs area.

·
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.
836 Posts
Summers are pretty jam packed with events for me but I live in Parker and might be able to make some sort of MnG. If it happens keep me in the loop..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will be moving to CO in late August and have NO clue where any trails are? Zero interest in rock crawling so not those kind of trails. Probably will end up either in the Franktown/Parker area or Larkspur.

We are Mustang and Bronco fanatics but like Hot Rods, Jeeps, old E100 Vans and old Ford F100 trucks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thought I'd resurrect an older thread. Just picked up my Bronco this weekend as a project for my boys and I to work on together. Thought I'd see if this ever got off the ground or if people are still interested. I'm on travel this week for work but looking to get the truck down next week or emissions testing and get it registered.

Chris

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys. Thanks for the bump. I'd be happy to meet up, especially with this amazing weather we've been having.

bmad01, you probably aren't too far from me. As stated before, though, I'm game for a meeting north, south, east or west or central.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Sounds great Steve! The 93 is in the tranny shop getting a rebuild right now, but "OLE FAITHFUL" the 88 is always ready. I'll have the 93 back by next weekend. I'm surprised more local Bronco owners are not on to this, or even this website for that fact. I see Bronco's every damn day around here! Say the word and I'll be there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should be back from LA tomorrow evening. Plan on heading down to the emissions place on Saturday to see if I can pass emissions. If I do, its off to the DMV for plates and I can get this thing on the road!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, a quick look at the weather for next weekend and it looks like it'll be raining/snowing on Saturday. As we all know, that could change 30 times from now until then.

Saturdays or Sunday's work for me. That said, and feel free to make fun of me, but I only drive my Bronco in dry weather or summer rain (as in no residual mag chloride on the roads). It's a 78 that is shockingly 95% rust free. I try to keep it that way by avoiding snow and the days after during the melt off.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.....so, as a follow up to my post above, WTF is this "3-5 inch snow storm". I HAD to use the Bronco earlier today to leave the house as the snow was too deep for even my wife's 2015 Outback.

Gave it a go in the '78 and the Bronco laughed at the snow, so that was cool at least. Felt a bit silly with my soft top on in a blizzard.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts