Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I'm also still interested in another meet. But like I said tomorrow is out for me. I'll be kicking ass on the water in Longmount, Co.. October 1st is also out as it is the last race of the year. After that? Let's hope for a no snow meet...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know if anything ever got set up. I'm in the process of finishing up the Bronco and getting it back together. Hoping to have it back on the road in the next week or 2, if the weather will ever cooperate for me to finish spraying the bumper and a few other items! Weekends will be sketchy for me over the next month, I have several bike ride events I'm signed up for.

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Chris, Nice to meet ya. Sounds like fun, I would really like to meet others and start hitting some trails. Yeah the weather has been difficult to work around with my setup. I use to have a large garage, but the Bronco is bigger than the garage now lol.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Me too! Say the where and when. This don't happen too often, and you don't see a bunch of full size Broncos all at the same place very often either!;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi all. just bought an 86 this past weekend. it's a little bit aways from making a trip to Denver as I need to take care of the carb (and probably a tune up) first.

doubt i could do something monthly, but meeting a time or two throughout the spring - fall would be cool. also would welcome anybody willing to travel to the Springs for a day of banging on the machine as it's been a while since i've done anything mechanically on an older vehicle.

i used to be on another site for another vehicle that i owned and they used to get 3 or 4 guys together and devote the day (5 or 6 hours) helping each other out on various things that were being done (mods, fixes, etc). no doubt ya'll have some nice trucks already so i would probably be the odd one out, but maybe we could try to set up something like that some time too instead of just a meet/breakfast thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey

hi all. just bought an 86 this past weekend. it's a little bit aways from making a trip to Denver as I need to take care of the carb (and probably a tune up) first.

doubt i could do something monthly, but meeting a time or two throughout the spring - fall would be cool. also would welcome anybody willing to travel to the Springs for a day of banging on the machine as it's been a while since i've done anything mechanically on an older vehicle.

i used to be on another site for another vehicle that i owned and they used to get 3 or 4 guys together and devote the day (5 or 6 hours) helping each other out on various things that were being done (mods, fixes, etc). no doubt ya'll have some nice trucks already so i would probably be the odd one out, but maybe we could try to set up something like that some time too instead of just a meet/breakfast thing.

Hey Red, I think that sounds like a plan. I use to do the same thing with a couple guys that had some Ford Galaxies. We would all meet up and give one another a hand to get things done. I think it would be great to have that with the Bronco's, especially since it's always nice to have another hand when you need it.

I don't have my large garage anymore as I moved to a townhome, but I would be willing to lend a hand to those who need it. My rig was sitting for years and years before I came along and picked it up. So I'm still in the process of getting the kinks worked out and bringing it back to life. It's been a long road with only being able to work on it a little at a time with work and life. But I finally got it back up and running, so the next plan is to get it tuned and running tip top then more on to the many other tasks lol. So your not alone and I'm right there with ya.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd be up for something up North. Maybe Loveland/Ft Collins area. I live in Wellington and make it to Denver only for flights and the occasional baseball game. I don't like putting those kinds of miles on the Bronco. I use it for short range getaways and shooting. So if something comes up North, I'm in!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hey guys. I'll throw this out as an actual meeting suggestion, even though it won't be exclusively Broncos. So this coming Saturday (8/5) will be the 1st Saturday of the month, and therefore a Cars and Coffee meeting in Lafayette. It's at the Flatirons Church parking lot. I'm going in my Bronco regardless. Well, weather permitting and such.

Anyone who wants to join just PM me and we'll exchange numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
It was a good meet! I got there and was cruising thru the many cars that showed up looking for Steve's 78. I looked in my rear view mirror and he was right behind me!:histerica We parked next to a bunch of old F150's and chatted, then went thru the many nice rides that were there. We saw many nice cars and trucks there. One guy had a 67 Bronco that was very nice! He was in the beginning of a swap over to F/I on it. Me and Steve were the only 2 full size Bronco's there, but that was OK. Right when I pulled in, some gal came up to me all smiles and started telling me about her 87 Bronco! I'll be going back there again, it was fun and we didn't get snobbed or nothing! I couldn't stay too long as I had business at the Post Office I had to take care of. Would have been nice to have met some of the other guys in this post. The meet is on the first Saturday of every month! Thanks for this lead Steve!:thumbup

·
Registered
16 Posts
dang. I stepped away from the forum for a while. the Bronco is still not in a running form. it can stop now, but not go so much. I am hoping to get the new carb on before October hits and then see what else needs getting done prior to the changing of the seasons.

I don't plan on this vehicle ever being in a "show" form, at least not on my budget. does anybody in the front range area have experience with panel replacement (welding and the like)? I have one that is crunched pretty bad and then the wheel wells have rust on them. I also intend on replacing the tailgate as rust has chewed it up a bit too. this may be the first body work that I do, as I expect it to be pretty straight forward and I won't have to weld anything.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts