Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the OC and looking for others interested in off road trips. More desert style than rock crawling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im in temecula, im down for a desert run. Bring out the guns and the bbq and make a day of it

·
Registered
537 Posts
Desert?

I head out to the desert every chance I get!
I just was out around Dumont Dunes at Ibex and Owls Head Mountain for Presidents Day weekend.
Heres a video from a trip Ludlow to Afton Canyon.
I just get up and go. Pack up some Ramen noddles, beer, ice, and hit the trail.
Anybody is always welcome to come along. Check my trips on my YouTube Channel "RudedogII"
I maybe going back out to Ibex Dunes soon before the weather gets too hot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Ytymi8P24

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lol hey rude thanks for the video on rear window repair. Helped a lot and I knew I had seen this name somewhere when I clicked on this thread!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Birch

I'm in OC as well and am in the same boat, looking for some light desert riding than crawling. Bear with me though I'm new to posting and keeping up with threads on this forum, although I have been a member for some years and reading for even longer. I'm dying to meet up with some others though and get off-road!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I lagged on this thread but I am still interested although its a little hot now. I did manage to make a few trips out. I went out to barstow and camped in calico and went out to and past Afton Canyon on the Mojave Road. Then I went up to Calico and finished the trail I missed it was fun had some kinda rock stuff but not crawling spotting narrow stuff. Then went out off in the stauderd wells area again in some crazy trails followed a rail and couple quads to slash X pretty fast they were impressed. Made the last one out to see the M.O.R.E 250 in lucern valley.
I take the guns and do some shooting too.
Its summer but thinking of maybe Pismo Dunes or Big Bear

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I head out to the desert every chance I get!
I just was out around Dumont Dunes at Ibex and Owls Head Mountain for Presidents Day weekend.
Heres a video from a trip Ludlow to Afton Canyon.
I just get up and go. Pack up some Ramen noddles, beer, ice, and hit the trail.
Anybody is always welcome to come along. Check my trips on my YouTube Channel "RudedogII"
I maybe going back out to Ibex Dunes soon before the weather gets too hot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Ytymi8P24
LOL I have watched many of your videos. They have given me the itch to go some of those places. I am down to do some trips I want to hit death valley when it cools down maybe check out those cabins out there.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ok now I remember!

Havent been on this site for a while. Be sure to check the weather report "Temps" before venturing out into the desert! Take plenty of water and shade just in case!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Havent been on this site for a while. Be sure to check the weather report "Temps" before venturing out into the desert! Take plenty of water and shade just in case!
Yes I always do its no fun if its miserable hot or you get caught in a flash flood.
Have you ever been broke down out there? During the week couple places I did not see any others and even if I did what could they do about broken trans or??
Is there anybody to call if you had a sat phone like rangers or someone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts