Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Detroit locker in my rear axle which is a Ford 9". When I go around a corner and I'm not on the gas the locker clicks, but then stops when I get going straight again. I've hit the gas while in a turn and it seems to lock up properly. I thought I remembered reading the way the Detroit works is that it locks up when torque is applied. Is this correct? Is this typical behavior for a Detroit? Thanks for your help.

It's already a HUGE improvement over the mini-spool that I had in there before.

· Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what did you not like about the mini-spool?
Hum, let me see, EVERYTHING! It was fine off road, but in a light, short wheel-base Ranger on 35's it was aweful on the street. Chirping tires around every corner was annoying and it killed my tires, plus it hurt my turning radius. The reason I bought the mini-spool to begin with was it was the only locker I could afford when I was putting my 9" together a year and a half ago. I found a great deal on the Detroit a few months ago and just hadn't had time to get it installed until now. If my Ranger wasn't still driven on the street I would have left the spool alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.