Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know do some searching, and I will but need some opinions fast.

Are any of you using the detroit truetrac? Do you like it? I'm looking for something that will hook both wheel up when I punch it but still ok on the street, and good in the snow on the road . So i'm asking alot. I won't be rock climbing but would be trail riding, through the woods, and there is lots of mud in these parts. Not big on playing in mud but if I have to go through it I want to make it. Heres the link http://www.detroitlocker.com/DT.htm

Thanks all!!!

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,443 Posts
I've got one in my jeep, Hold the brake and give it some throttle, it'll lock in and works just like a locker, otherwise, I don't even notice it's there when i'm on the street.

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
I ran one for 3 years in the rear. The only issue I ever had with it was a couple of times it locked up on an icy road when the transmission shifted up & suddenly I was spinning down the road before I had a chance to even try to prevent it. If you're going to put in a LS the Truetrac is the best.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I've got the TrueTrac in the front and a Detroit in the rear and have been very satisified. I have done both rocks and mud and it performed great in both situations. Go for it!

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
detroit locker in the rear, welded up front. Don't be a sissy. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I used to be a fan of the TrueTrac. But on the D44, 35" tires is pushing the envelope. I have seen the gears get fubar in granite cobble in Southern Cal.
I found out the hard way that they aren't rebuildable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.