Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have to replace my entire exhaust system, so im ordering parts now, If anyone has an Exhaust guy they can recommend i sure would appreciate it! The only "custom" thing i need done is a new tail pipe bent to exit infront of the rear wheel... thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
I went to a guy a couple years ago that worked off hulen, south of i30. He did a decent job, it wasn't terrible, and it was cheap. He is on the east side of hulen, if you get to a high rise building youve gone to far, hes a few blocks past central market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
I've got a friend who swears by a shop at 377 and Belknap in Haltom City. There's also a Mineke on 35 about 5-10 minutes south of 30 that's done a reasonable job, but I personally wouldn't trust it if the truck has to be inspected still (though you could *ahem* get it inspected by "the man" in Ft Worth... for the next couple years)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah well the reason why im having to replace all of my exhaust besides the headers is because when i had it smoged my HC's were 4000 and its supposed to be under 220...LOL So i figure since im having to replace it might as well do it the way i want it. Unless... having they tailpipe exiting before the rear wheel is against the safety inspection??? But i think i should be ok. All the parts i ordered met OEM requirements as far as i know. I got a Flowmaster Super 40 2.25" muffler, and im ordering the Magnaflow MPE-93306catalytic converter... so i should be good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Jeremiah0678 said:
yeah well the reason why im having to replace all of my exhaust besides the headers is because when i had it smoged my HC's were 4000 and its supposed to be under 220...LOL So i figure since im having to replace it might as well do it the way i want it. Unless... having they tailpipe exiting before the rear wheel is against the safety inspection??? But i think i should be ok. All the parts i ordered met OEM requirements as far as i know. I got a Flowmaster Super 40 2.25" muffler, and im ordering the Magnaflow MPE-93306catalytic converter... so i should be good

No its not... I did it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
RAWPOWER said:
No its not... I did it.
Seriously? What's the law say? I was going to end the SAAB's exhaust just before the rear axle :( 'Course I may just start taking her to "The Man" in Ft. Worth for inspection too. She only has to pass for 3 more years anyway.

Edit: Okay, here's how they get you:
TDPS said:
Some pickups are equipped with a camper or hard shell cover and are sometimes used for the transportation of passengers. The tailpipe should discharge the exhaust at the rear or sides. This truck modification will be considered as a passenger compartment.
...
2. Inspect for and reject if:
...
i. The tailpipe is broken, pinched, or eroded off to the extent to allow exhaust fumes to penetrate into the interior of the passenger compartment.
j. The tailpipe fails to discharge exhaust from the rear or sides or top of the passenger compartment of the vehicle.
I wonder how that will be effected by my hatch? Would they consider the hatch a part of the passenger compartment since they consider camper tops part of the passenger compartment? DEAN, how do you pass inspection??? :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Might be a bit of a drive for you, but L&M Mufflers in Lancaster (just south of Dallas) did a great job on my rusty, 47 CJ2A that aside from the stock exhaust manifold, had no exhaust whatsoever when I first got it. The welded and bracketed it all up in less than an hour, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
I dunno what it says... I actually passed the safety when I had a downpipe only, dumping everything right under the passenger seat... diesels dont have to pass emissions, but they do have to pass safety, which I did. But Ford sold F150's with exhaust exiting in front of the rear tire around 97-01ish... I know a guy who has one. Anyways, it should work...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
728 Posts
Ubermich said:
Seriously? What's the law say? I was going to end the SAAB's exhaust just before the rear axle :( 'Course I may just start taking her to "The Man" in Ft. Worth for inspection too. She only has to pass for 3 more years anyway.

Edit: Okay, here's how they get you:

I wonder how that will be effected by my hatch? Would they consider the hatch a part of the passenger compartment since they consider camper tops part of the passenger compartment? DEAN, how do you pass inspection??? :toothless
Mine's old enough not that I don't have to worry bout all that crap...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Even if it is consider the passenger compartment as long as the exhaust is truly discharging the exhaust to the side of the vehicle. Thus you are discharging the exhaust to the side of the passenger compartment.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
728 Posts
StormCaller said:
Even if it is consider the passenger compartment as long as the exhaust is truly discharging the exhaust to the side of the vehicle. Thus you are discharging the exhaust to the side of the passenger compartment.
and the opposite side of the gas tank...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top