Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, lets try this. Else we're going to get to Jan 27th and no one is going to know where we're meeting :twak Vote where you want to go:

Marshal Creek: Supposedly okay for small groups. I've heard that it can be very nasty and unpredictable if it's wet/muddy. Also heard that the local authorities are on the overbearing side.

Mineral Wells: Supposedly a good mix of mild and nasty trails. I've only heard rumors of its existence, but I can find out where it is exactly before the 28th if we want to go there.

Burlesson: There are no hard trails at Burleson, but mild and some narrow. So if your paint is good we better not go here.

So, if you are planning on going please vote. If you are not planning on going but REALLY REALLY think we should go to one of the above, please feel free to vote. Voting does NOT mean you are going, just that you are suggesting one place above the others. Also feel free to post any information you have on any of the locations.

Alles Klar? :popc1:

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are no hard trails at Burleson, but mild and some narrow. so if you're paint is good we better not go here. I think it would be a good place but I am partial since it is close to home. however I'm not opposed to going to Mineral Wells. As far as Min. Wells is concerned, I've got a buddy that goes down there and wants to go, But He likes to be there around 9:00-9:30 . he Know how to get there and the trails that are there.

I know the trails at Burleson anthink we could have fun . But burleson is the shorter drive.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's 9-9:30 AM right?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I voted Burleson, only cuz it's a bit closer to me. Only been to Marshall Creek, though, so don't know where the Burleson or Mineral Wells trails are at. I think Mineral Wells is right next to the state park and south of the old military base, though.

Anyway, either place is fine with me. My truck is kind of ugly with faded paint anyway, so pin-striping brush scratches won't hurt it none no matter where we decide on going.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
don't mean to hijack.... no one go to the river bottoms off 360 anymore??.... guess it's not exactly a good place for a meet since it's not exactly the most legal place... but anyone still go out there?? lots of fun stuff.... and some bad assed trailered rigs always seem to be there

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol Jeff its good to know my friends and i arent the only ones that toy around. There's a spot under the George Bush Tollway right where it goes over 635 that we play around in. Like you said though.....not exactly legal.

I'd be interested in attending and I'm sure I could get some friends to come with me but how tough is the place we're going? My bronco is still at stock height with Uniroyal Laredo tires so I'm not exactly ready for mud pits but I'd go if it wasn't too difficult. Also my paint is still pretty good so I'd rather go to Mineral Wells.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh and before I forget! My dad just got a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Trail Rated 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II, etc etc and he's been saying that his Jeep could go through anything my Bronco could with ease so I might see if he wants to come if thats ok with you guys.

·
Registered
253 Posts
InFuZiOn said:
Oh and before I forget! My dad just got a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Trail Rated 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II, etc etc and he's been saying that his Jeep could go through anything my Bronco could with ease so I might see if he wants to come if thats ok with you guys.

I got a Buddy that knows where it is I'll see if can make it bring you'r dad it'll be cool

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I vote mineral wells, I would really like to put the 78 Bronco 414 EFI through its paces.

How would ya'll feel about letting a non-bronco ford 4x4 in with the group? My brother wants to bring his Navajo.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TXBronco82 said:
Yeah that means Ft Worth has to leave by 8-8:30 AM

and it's the 28th right you posted the 20th in the other thread (all on the same page right)
Actual trip will be the 28th, but I'll be closing the poll closer to the 20th to give a week of absolute solid information. That way nothing gets changed at the last minute, leaving people confused and lost.

As for non-FSBs. I personally say the more the merrier.

Also, I may have to park mine and spot/watch/ride with someone else for some of the stuff. I'll still give it a shot though! :thumbup

·
Registered
253 Posts
well it looks as if we might be going to Mineral Wells and that's cool . I just got back from my buddies, and he will be able to play guide to and on the trip, which I thought it would be nice to have someone who not only knew how to get there but also know their way around once we got there.

Now I voted for Burleson but I'd say the 3 of us were fairly out voted.so Burleson is next month Right?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Looks Like I will have 3

2 bronco's and a Navajo.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So that's 5, I make #6...

·
Registered
76 Posts
My cousin recommends Marshall Creek. He says the trails are pretty easy but if it is wet the mud holes can get pretty deep. He has a '79 F150 with 39.5 Boggers and a supercharged 400 with a 4 speed and he says you could probably do the whole course with 38's. 35's if youre good. Dont ask me about it because I live in Florida, he just saw this thread and told me to post this.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
broncomudder89 said:
My cousin recommends Marshall Creek. He says the trails are pretty easy but if it is wet the mud holes can get pretty deep. He has a '79 F150 with 39.5 Boggers and a supercharged 400 with a 4 speed and he says you could probably do the whole course with 38's. 35's if youre good. Dont ask me about it because I live in Florida, he just saw this thread and told me to post this.
That may be true, but there in lies the problem, there is no rain in texas, there will be no rain in texas, therefore it wont be wet and everything that may be challenging becomes easy.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
And like I said in the other thread, although I voted for Burleson, either place is fine with me. Already been to Marshall Creek a few times, but if we go to Burleson or Mineral Wells, I'll need directions on how to get there cuz I've never been.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts