Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone getting these diamondplate tailgate inserts I'm seeing? I'd love to get one for my bronc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool. I didn't know if they were purchased somewhere or something, but I guess not. Thx!:beer

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of one of these. I've never seen one (I don't think).

If anyone's got one, could you post it, please? :D

:beer
Bill

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i thought you meant plate for the inside access paned. but that looks nice. try trailer shops, they use that alot & sell it cheaper than a place that has to order it for you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mmm that diamond plate looks nice! Crazed, did you originally have an external tire carrier? I'm thinking about pulling mine off and mounting it vertically inside. Did any models come stock this way? If you did take it off what did you do about the holes? Just bondo them? They look small enough to spot weld and smooth down? I just hate having to move the thing out of the way to get to the tailgate.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
RobertF said:
I'm thinking about pulling mine off and mounting it vertically inside. Did any models come stock this way?
Yes...Some of them were mounted verticaly on the right hand (passangers) side.:beer Don't know how hard it'd be to find the mounts, just check e-bay I guess. I took the rack off my '95 and I wanna have the holes filled in too. The body shop guy said not to use filler or it'd just break out later...I need to check into the welding like you mentioned...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds like time to go to the junkyard and poke around! I just went out and looked at it and I'm tempted to just get a metal screw and washer (or maybe just the screw) and paint them before I install them. It looks like the easiest way without much work...

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
8,374 Posts
The problem with the inside tire carrier is the 32-3 maximum tire size. up to a 37 will fit laying flat because of the rear seat angle. say goodbye to your interior room tho...eventually I will have a rear bumper made with a tire carrier.

At this point I just have holes in the body. I am planning on probably removing the trim from the tailgate, then having all the holes (tailgate and tire carrier) filled then the rear part at least painted black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts