Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy ya'll!!:shrug i've been attempting to research different
suspension kits for future installation and have noted Dick Cepek and ProComp have kits including longer radius arms. Everbody i've talked to says lngr radius arms arm the key. Anyone have a perference between the Dick Cepek stage II kit and the ProComp
stage II kit, both have longer radius arms. Any other possiblities
I want a syetem that will work well in most situations, not just
a bunch of lift. my beast is stock now, 351, at etc.
I wanna run 33's, not a serious rock crawler, just all around good stuff ya'kno. thanx

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
so your going with a 4 in lift?

also just my 1/2 cent is procomp but only because i think its less expensive? i could be wrong im kinda guessing i just know dick cepek always seems SOOOOO expensive

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
The DC lift is one of the most deirable .. if I were in your shoes I would be talking to that man blueoval78
about buying it :thumbup

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help, what makes the DC lift more desirable?
also dig the pics in signature. my problem is not havin the funds now or i'd b all over blueoval78's offer and wouldnt want to lead him on either. it'l b awhile for i get funds, cuz ya cant have lift w/o tires.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
MUDBIRD65 said:
what makes the DC lift more desirable?
DC, Pro Comp, Rancho, and Skyjacker use a drivers side drop bracket that completely replaces the old bracket. other companies just make a bracket that bolts on to the old one. DC's brackets are also very burly.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
DC also has new raduis arm brakets, others use the stock ones, just moved back "X" amount of inches.

in the case of DC the raduis arms are 18" longer than a stock arm

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
MUDBIRD65 said:
thanks for the help, what makes the DC lift more desirable?
also dig the pics in signature. my problem is not havin the funds now or i'd b all over blueoval78's offer and wouldnt want to lead him on either. it'l b awhile for i get funds, cuz ya cant have lift w/o tires.
DC has a rep for being a stout kit :thumbup

and yes you CAN have a lift without tires :shrug ... you buy the components one at a time as you find a deal like blueoval78 is offering .. you put it in the garage .. then you save for tires ... and then assemble it all at once ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:banghead THANKS i was trying to make excuses tho.
thise all sound like good reasons, makes sense the longer arms
and single stronger bracket---BIGGER is BETTER, thats why i bought fullsize. still aint got the imediate funds, unless anyone knows a quick cash oportunity, or a well payin sperm bank
Thanx for the advise:beer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's just wrong!!! :mad: Just opening FullsizeBronco.com is tease enough. Damager is that the DC kit, looks pretty complete
I've also heard its a b----- to install all that, true/false?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
MUDBIRD65 said:
I've also heard its a b----- to install all that, true/false?
not really, its just time consuming, especially getting the old rivets off. thats a bitch. having a right angle drill, grinder, and a good air chisel will make it much easier.

·
Registered
259 Posts
How does the superlift compare the lifts yall listed? I got a guy thats pushin me to get the superlift, but I was always kinda leanin towards the Skyjacker.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts