Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
402 Posts
I've got the four inch cepek stg II lift and from the time i set it on the ground I started thinking I should have gone 6". The brackets are very sturdy and completely replace the stock stuff(radius arm pivots and drop down brackets). I keep thinking about redoing it to 6" but I've got an 84 and a solid d44 just waiting to be put together, just need a little more time and a little more research.

· Sneaky Ba$tard
2,833 Posts
If you can swing the cash, go with DC or BDS...Both are very beefy and won''t let ya down....I think you'll be happy with what ya get........I've got the DC and It's pretty tuff. Have'nt bent anything yet and I've tried......Take care--Fog

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
another though i've had is why must everybody have
bushings at the end of radius arms, why not some kind of
hinge type joint, like a uni-ball or something? wouldnt this give
more travel with less resistance and binding? is this possible?seems like if you made a joint similar to a spring shackle it'd work?
--just a random thought..
.. thanks for the help on the DC vs ProComp question.
very helpfull, now the hard part $$$$$$$$

· negative creep
7,507 Posts
clicky

nice stuff, used mostly by the pre-runner/ desert racer crowd.
also $$$$$$.

they ride quite a bit harsher from what i understand, because the bushing absorbs impact/ vibation.

also tuff country uses a similar design, but with an adjustable bolt. seems to me like it would get knocked out of alignment very easily

· Registered
6,624 Posts
I will add to this as well.

In my research which has been about two years worth, I have boiled down to the conclusion that:
BDS & DIck Cepek are the best suspension lifts for a TTB Bronco.
The parts they use are very high quality, they stamp and press the steal instead of cutting or torching it out, they both have very thick and sturdy welds, and beads, and they both back up their products.

BDS has an unconditional lifetime warranty.
If you can break it or bend it they will replace it.
(Unless you abused it on purpose like Jesse James, or you installed it incorrectly).

Notice how many bolts it takes to hold down those brackets?
That my friends is security.
Look at some of the other companies that only use the same holes that were there for the stock brackets.

Also on the BDS lift if you dont have the extra fundage to buy the extended arms, the drop down brackets they use are so superior to any other brands as far as quality and structure goes that they look "custom".
They also require that you drill more holes to mount them instead of just using the stock holes.

I have been holding off on buying a lift because I want to do the SAS, but my search for an axle has been very unlucky. Junk yards wanting $800.00 for a beat up D44, and thats just for the housing. Sorry i can get a D60 for that, but dont need it.
So IF I ever settle for a TTB lift i am going to go BDS all the way unless i can find the Dick C lift for cheaper.

· Registered
1,510 Posts
I'll give you $600 for it. :toothless Seriously though, you haven't sold that yet? I figured it'd be gone within the first month...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.