Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get Dick Cepek extended radius arms? I did some research, and they have the best reviews, but seem to be out of stock everywhere. I will be in eternal debt to you...

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
fyi, the bds arms are the exact same as the dick cepek arms. buy them, they have a no questions asked "you break, we replace" policy. i beat the ever living hell out of mine and they never had a single issue. well worth the money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dose anyone have experience with the superlift or tuff country radius arms. I read in old posts about them cracking and having limited wheel travle. But I also heard they are redesigned now...and they costs about $300 less, which is a big deal right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't find Extreme Suspension or Rancho radius arm kits or pricing online. I think the 4 wheel gods are working against me and my limited time :smilie_slap. Anyone know places that stock the arms...

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I am throwing in another vote for the BDS arms. They are stout and come with a replacement mount too. Second vote would be Rancho.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I am throwing in another vote for the BDS arms. They are stout and come with a replacement mount too. Second vote would be Rancho.
BDS arms/mounts and Dick-Cepek arms/mounts are 100% identical. I am 99.99% sure they are made at the same place, on the same machines, by the same people.

Warranty is the only difference, and I don't think anyone has ever broke either. :thumbup

Either is an excelent choice, but I belive the Dick-Cepeks are less expensive.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So the BDS one's have the warrenty/ Gack did you go with superlift ones or BDS?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
So the BDS one's have the warrenty
Correct, the Dick-Cepek arms are warrantied against manufacturer defects for life, BDS has a no question asked warranty. But they are the exact same arms, and no one has ever damaged them.

Gack did you go with superlift ones or BDS?
:doh0715:

Dick-Cepek

Exact same as BDS.

These are what Superlift arms look like.
SPRNRRADARMKIT.JPG
People have damaged/bent these, and a few have cracked at the axle.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Well since you went back and fixed all the spelling errors I can't say it's because of that...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
kidding... nothing to understand other then me making fun of your spelling. Even though mine sucks ass too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did the extended radius arms make a noticable difference for any of you guys? I decided on the DC/Extreme Performance arms. They don't have them on the site, but the quoted me at $450 plus shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the cepek arms on my truck. I wish I wouldnt have bought them. Cepek is the worst company to deal with for warranty. They screwed up the arm at the factory welding it up and I had to fight like crazy to get a replacement, then when it showed up, it was different!!! Cepek told me that what they sent was an old style because that was all they had, and if I wanted to wait a few more months (it was already like 2 months to start with) that they would send the correct style. And I asked for them just to send the other side in the old style they said no. The guy was a complete jerk on the phone too. I even got the BBB involved. So I (well my buddy who's good at welding) ended up cuttin the side plates off the tubes, switching them, and welding them back on. there was nothing in the main structure cut so it didn't effect that, it's only cosmetic.

Here are some pics.

you can see the "C" that wraps around the axle was welded up really crooked on the blue (original) arm. the gray was the replacement they sent.

Also the diddferent styles I mentioned are the holes, the blue arm has flat holes and the gray has rolled holes. Not to mention also the plate was welded on the tubes crooked also. They aren't center like on the gray one.

So like said we cut the plates off,

switched them

and welded up a good matching one

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
wow, did that just happen recently, or was it with the "old" dick cepek company? i know they were out of business for a while, then i heard they came back under new management. just wondering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ya, I bought the lift last Feb (2007) and installed in March 07. Found the arm was screwed up in March when I went for the alignment and promtly emailed performance lifts where I ordered it. I got amailed back the next day and they forwarded my email and pics to cepek. After gettin a run around for a few weeks with this, I contacted Cepek directly and the battle began. I didn't get the replacement arm untill late May if I remember right, and I just finially modded and installed these last month when I rebuilt the nearly whole front end.

One thing is for sure, I will NEVER buy a cepek product again. And I've won't even state that I'm running a cepek lift in more cases. When I get people asking what it is, I tell them all the probs first then tell them who it is. I wouldn't even put the stickers on the shocks.

Oh, and this was with extreme suspensions. the guy I dealt with who was a complete jerk to me was Ben.

And PerformanceLifts even said due to many probs they were going to stop carrying cepek products, but that doesn't seem like it happened.

As of June 1st PerformanceLifts.com will no longer be selling Dick Cepek products. We've had it and so have most of our customers.

PerformanceLifts.com
I was originally thinkin of buying a BDS kit. But I descided to save a few bucks ond go with cepek. And I got burned. Ah well, live and learn right?

·
Registered
411 Posts
And PerformanceLifts even said due to many probs they were going to stop carrying cepek products, but that doesn't seem like it happened.
I tried ordering a 4" cepek stage II kit from performancelifts website back in January. Order was processed and my card was even charged, but I never heard back from them. One week later I emailed them for a status and they replied that they stopped selling it (but they still took my money). They promptly refunded my charge account. I took my business to extreme suspensions (had to call them because their website ordering would not work, they took about 3 weeks to build my kit) and now I have the stage II kit sitting in my storage waiting for install. Now I'm going to take a closer look at my radius arms tonight when I get home and compare to the pics that offroadford4x4 posted.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts