Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the oxtrax website wont open...

i was just researching ideas i got on here about selectable rear lockers for my stock 89' 8.8. the sites i find, like detroit, arnt very informative.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, everyone says the ARB is the best way to go if you can pay for it, looking at the website and how it works, all those moving parts look easy to break, maybe im just a simpleton ;)

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Yeah ox trax went out of business last I heard.

ARB's are tough, never heard of one breaking. The weak link on them is the air lines from the pump to the air locker. So if you just get those up and out of the way, and allow enough for flex, there shouldn't be problems.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Up until about 2 years ago, ARB was the one and only selectable locker, or so it seemed. Then Ox Lockers came out, and the floodgates opened. There must have been half a dozen selectable lockers announced in the past year. Detroit makes one, Killeraxles.com makes one, and a bunch that I am forgetting.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant find a detroit selectable? all im finding is one for jeeps, the ez locker mini spool and the full spool

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what im finding, thats too bad... the air locker's seem too expensive, and i cant find much else selectable for an 8.8 i liked the idea of the oxlocker sounded simpler..

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
there is the eaton electrac. open to locked.

they have 8.8 models.

there is the detroit electrac. limited slip to locked.

they have 8.8 models very very soon. I talked to the tech guy a while ago said they have a working on just doing the final touches.

expect to pay 700-800 for the electrac.

arb is around 650 + 150-200 for the compressor.

There is a new limited slip to locker that can be found in this last months issue of fourwheel or 4wheel and off road, forget which, but they have a sub title on the front. They break down the locker thing a bit, and showed a company that is making a new limited slip to locker like the electrac, but they said they already had one for the 8.8. This was suppose to be made my Auburn. I'm thinking they made one for the 8.8 28 spline not the 31 spline that trucks use. Dunno someone shed the light on this misterious locker.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is a locker something you can buy on ebay? or would that hold a high risk of being a locker that has been beat on or damaged?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts