Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok you can kick me after i fix this...

I just got a sweet 93 bronco from a private seller on 7/30. on 8/02 i let my wife
drive it home from a party, her first time in the beast. well to make a painful story short, she drove it for about a half mile with the parking brake applied:banghead...

when we got home and I jumped back in the beast, to run an arrand I notice alot of whine, vibration in the wheel, and slight hesitation whenever i turn the wheel. it seems to be less noticeable when I increase speed.

I gave the faq and the bronc questions pages a quick look but didn't see anything

please help

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
*90xlt,351w,e4od,1356m*79,400,C6,205,19donors*73,400,np435,d20j twin
11,535 Posts
It's probably worth pulling off the drums in the rear to have a quick look. It's easy enough to do, no bearings to pull. The parking brake is only in the rear, btw. Or it's pretty cheap to have it inspected if your not comfortable with it.

Is it any better after it has had a chance to cool down?

Welcome to the site. You'll enjoy that Bronco.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
*90xlt,351w,e4od,1356m*79,400,C6,205,19donors*73,400,np435,d20j twin
11,535 Posts
Dustball's right, it sounds like power steering. It's probably just a coincidence that it showed up when it did. I read that as vibration in the wheel on the ground, not in the steering wheel. Your title & references to turning should have been a clue. :doh0715: Sorry 'bout that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOOOOOPPPPSS!!!!!!

Did you check the PS fluid level?
Well That's the funny thing, cuz... I though i did but it turns out that I was checking the brake fluid instead

How's that for machanical know:toothless

so if they ever have a bonehead move of the month just vote for me:whiteflag

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If she is anything like my gf she will kick your a$$.
I didn't get upset with her, i just called her as she was driving away, told her the bronc look like it was hesitating to move whenever she throttled, and that she needed to check the e-brake. being as she'd never driven it she had to pull over to find the lever...

nothing a good foot rub didn't fix:twak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well Finally got it fixed... turns out the O-ring seals on the P/S pressure hose (where connects to the reservoir) had failed into a slow drip so all I had to do was order the new part, find the time, made the switch, filled the fluids, and turned it over. And HOLY CRAP it worked, No dripping, or noise. may not be a big deal for some guys, but I was on cloud 9. usually I have no problem taking things apart but always have parts left over on reassembly.

anyway thanks for all the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.