Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am the proud third owner of a 1995 Bronco. I am friends with the person who I purchased this from and they stated they bought it lifted with 35 inch Cooper tires. Overall, it is a very clean Bronco and definitely has a law enforcement touch, mostly in the cab with various radio set ups, lots of old accessories and scanners, strobes on the lights, spot for the light on the ceiling etc... but one thing I did find was a sticker on the visor of the Bronco that was from Ford stating that the vehicle came with a suspension increase and larger tires making it at risk for flipping etc. Did Ford ever specifically create a Bronco for law enforcement or was this done by a 3rd party? It is also the first layer of paint; however, it is not a factory color, at least that I can tell.

I also could be very wrong... just curious!

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
168 Posts
Hey there @GASOxGATA
I have a '90 Bronco that the destination was a "Government Org"...Oooooooooh! You can track that down with the VIN tag in the door sill. The destination (DSO) is the number code right above the Axel code. For Example, mine is 83. It also came with the factory installed tow package. Mine was probably Forestry Service or something, no carpet, just the factory vinyl throughout and VERY bare bones. Here is another post for the forum: 1991 Data Plate Decoding

·
Super Moderator
30,847 Posts
Yo GASOxGATA,
Welcome!

See our "Official "Police/EMS/Federal Agency" Bronco info thread" @ Official "Police/EMS/Federal Agency" Bronco...

M
ember Ghostedh wrote "I was a Border Patrol agent way back in the day when we got the "new" FS Broncos, and I never saw any barn-door conversions. They may have done something like this in other sectors, but I highly doubt it. They were externally stock, with the exception of lift kits and some with winches (supervisors).

The Tahoes we got in 1996-7 as replacements for the Broncos had barn doors from the factory. Maybe that's what he's thinking about.

Member Ford94Bronco wrote "My buddy has a 96 (I believe) border patrol Bronco, it has a 2 inch lift but other than that there is nothing really special about it. You can still see the faded Border Patrol stickers and such on it."

🚩 ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 non-padded posts required to participate, due to scammers who preyed on our members).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to:Use Search, Post pics and more tips

See How to add your Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

☆Take time to participate in our current Full-Size of the Month & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded to the winner!; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,390 Posts
This makes me want to check my truck. My truck was a government vehicle too.

Reactions: elovlie and miesk5

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
8,197 Posts
fairly sure the Border Bronco's where rocking a 4" Rancho lift with limit straps. Though I have no clue if done by Ford or not.
@Ghosteh may know more then me. He literally was a Border Patrol Agent ( i dunno if that is the right word) in a bronco, and bought his service bronco back and fixed it up.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys! I will have to look at the door to see what I have. This is my Bronco from the day I got it. I have been told it was park ranger or forestry. It also has the factory vinyl floors!
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
168 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Hello.

I am the proud third owner of a 1995 Bronco. I am friends with the person who I purchased this from and they stated they bought it lifted with 35 inch Cooper tires. Overall, it is a very clean Bronco and definitely has a law enforcement touch, mostly in the cab with various radio set ups, lots of old accessories and scanners, strobes on the lights, spot for the light on the ceiling etc... but one thing I did find was a sticker on the visor of the Bronco that was from Ford stating that the vehicle came with a suspension increase and larger tires making it at risk for flipping etc. Did Ford ever specifically create a Bronco for law enforcement or was this done by a 3rd party? It is also the first layer of paint; however, it is not a factory color, at least that I can tell.

I also could be very wrong... just curious!

Quick answer: No, there was never a law enforcement package (i.e. Crown Vic "Police Interceptor") for Broncos.

Long answer: If there was a police package, the U.S. Border Patrol would have had them, as they literally bought thousands of vehicles directly from Ford, through the GSA (General Services Administration). I believe ALL federal agencies are required to use GSA for vehicle purchases.

Now when an agency got their new Broncos, they could do anything they wanted to them before they put them into service. The Border Patrol is broken up into 23 different "Sectors", which are mini-kingdoms. The BP headquarters in Washington sets some basic rules on aspects of the vehicles (i.e., must be white with green stripe of XX inches wide, etc.) but the individual sectors can configure them to their own specs (to a degree). For instance, Broncos in Tucson, AZ had roof-mounted light bars, while California Broncos used lights in the grills and a mini-bar mounted on the back of the top. Arizona BP Broncos were XLs with rubber floormats & manual windows, while California Broncos (1992-1996) were XLTs and heavily optioned. The reason for these differences is speculation, but each BP chief did what he wanted within the rules set by headquarters.

Lift kits - As far as I know (& I'm pretty familiar with this), the San Diego sector was the ONLY sector to use a lift kit & oversize tires. They were also the largest sector in the U.S. at that time, so a majority of 1992-1994 BP Broncos were put into service with those 4" Rancho lift kits (pre-1992 BP Broncos in California did NOT have a lift kit). The lifts were done because experience had taught the BP mechanics that the Broncos in the rough Cali mountains held up much better with a few aftermarket parts. Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, etc. - none used lift kits, probably because they just weren't needed in the desert.

BP in San Diego literally used every off-road shop in the area to install the lift kits on the brand new Broncos they received from GSA. The radios, lights, cages, etc., were all done in-house, but they farmed out the lift kit installations.
Waaay more info than you wanted, but maybe it gives you some idea about how yours might have been "upfitted" by the government with the wig-wags, spotlights, etc. IMHO, even though the upgrades weren't factory, they're still part of the history & make a government vehicle pretty special.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,889 Posts
Post a pic of the door jamb sticker. I can help decode it, as many of the online ones are kinda garbage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.