Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Dodge Ramcharger inspected the other day and found out that in N.C. if it is '95 or older, it doesn't have to pass emissions anymore. The inspection went from $30 to $9.10. Finally a step in the right direction.
Just thought I would pass it along

·
Registered
490 Posts
banjopkn said:
I had my Dodge Ramcharger inspected the other day and found out that in N.C. if it is '95 or older, it doesn't have to pass emissions anymore. The inspection went from $30 to $9.10. Finally a step in the right direction.
thats a new upcomming law in N.Y. also. Its making the dyno odsolete. all thanks to OBD II. basically as long as they read your computer and you have no light you pass. everything else without OBD II gets safety check. ;-D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes finally some help for the working man right. Glad to se N.Y. woke up also! Now to get both Broncos fixed and back on the road!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
SC has NO emissions or inspection checks..

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
banjopkn said:
That doesn't make sense. The new vehicles are more efficient than the older ones so it would make more sense that you got that back-wards, either that or the people running the emissions test are smoking crack. The longer a vehicle has been on the road the less efficient it becomes especially if it's owned by your typical driver who doesn't maintain their vehicle.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
banjopkn said:
Dabgum !!!!!!!

I may just immigrate out of Ontario into another province or North Carolina or even New York

What a great way to help the average schmuck whose struggling to even keep a car on the road.

Ontario has gone WAY past what's reasonable. They are actually setting stricter standards than when a car/truck left the factory NEW !

WTF do they think these vehicles have been doing the last 20 years ? Morphing into more advanced, cleaner burning vehicles, or carrying some poor sod to work each day reliably ?!

Sheets sake ! British Columbia has reasonable standards that you could actually pass and that take into consideration the wear and tear on an older vehicle.

I cannot understand Canadian governments. They want the working poor to work for them, but they have almost no public transport system AND they're taking any affordable vehicle off the road by emission sniffing them to death.

TG my 86 is grandfathered in under the 20 year limit ! Sounds like NC and New York state have finally seen the light by only testing OBD-II equipped vehicles.

At least they tell the owner exactly what is wrong with them. Older vehicles could drain a guy's wallet dry trying to diagnose a problem.

I swear if that "Dullard McGuilty" brings the proposed new emission laws into Ontario I'm gonna leave ! What a F#@&ing moron !

Sixlitre

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Maybe part of the reason is also that the pre-OBD-II vehicles are over 10 years old so they're starting to fall apart and they're just trying to help out the average Joe by not making him replace his faulty, falling apart emissions system. :histerica Yeah right, that's definitely not the reason.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Maybe part of the reason is also that the pre-OBD-II vehicles are over 10 years old so they're starting to fall apart and they're just trying to help out the average Joe by not making him replace his faulty, falling apart emissions system. :histerica Yeah right, that's definitely not the reason.
Maybe someone challenged it and beat it in court ?

We need lawyers like that up here !

Sixlitre

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
In VA they check the exhaust but most shops don't use a sniff checker so you are alright unless it is a blatant leak.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Old news:goodfinge Of course my dad is an NC inspector, so I knew a long time ago. FYI, vehicles 35 years and older do NOT require an inspection at all.

I may just immigrate out of Ontario into another province or North Carolina or even New
I advise New York. Nothing but rich dumbasses in the NC legislative branch (or so it seems) and NCDOT, not to mention bad drivers.....ranked #1 worst drivers in the nation a few years back. Nothing better than that kind of a record to distinguish yourself, eh?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Raliegh NC when it snows posts tow trucks at the bridges so that when, not if, a wreck occurs they don't have long to wait. When I worked there I told my customer that they didn't need to wory bout my getting in when bad weather hit but I would be there at 12 and leave at 10 cause I wasn't gonna drive while they were on the road. In the VA mtns they seal off the tailpipe with a rag and if they think it needs a cat sometimes look under to see if one is present.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
Old news:goodfinge Of course my dad is an NC inspector, so I knew a long time ago. FYI, vehicles 35 years and older do NOT require an inspection at all.
Lucky bastages. I have to take my 1955 buick through air care, what a joke.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
last i checked they where fazing it in in New York, asin its not totaly implemented yet. I know my truck is covered by the grandfather clause now since its 20years old. hence why i got a 1985 bronco. come to think about it my inspection is almost up so ill know soon for sure if its implemented.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Alabama has no inspections or emissions....yeah baby the bronco is safe

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
no where really, but N. AL isnt all that bad. Close to Greyrock ORV and Wheelin in the Country. Huntsville has kinda grown on me

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
SrATEX said:
Alabama has no inspections or emissions....yeah baby the bronco is safe
Neither does MI. But the bad thing about MI(besides winter road salt) is we're a No-Fault state so our car insurance is rediculously high. My premiums tripled when I got out of the service and moved back here from VA.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Interesting, so is NC and my insurance isn't all that bad. My F150 is still under my dad's name and I pay $27/month (I need to get that corrected). The Jeep is in my name and pay about $67 every couple months.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts