Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the F250 for a drive today made it three miles and lost engine power then truck shut off. I have power to all the lights and the electronics. I have spark. Changed FP relay. Fuel pressure was 3-4 psi with KOEO. Fuel pumps still prime but it went from a high whine to a low tone now. I have tried both tanks same thing. I scanned for codes and a got a code 95. Inertia switch is not tripped.

What are my options? What could've gone wrong? Could both fuel pumps go out at the same time???

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update: replaced the ECC and FP relays just to make sure still nothing. Fuel pressure still virtually no existent. Replaced fuel filter. Jumpered the DLC plug and front pump would make some noise occasionally and sounded for lack of a better word "sick." Nothing from rear tank. Sprayed some starter fluid in the TB and it started for a few seconds and then died. When I banged on the bottom of the tank with a rubber mallet it almost started.

Any thing else I should check out? Or just go ahead and order new pump, float, and sending unit?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
time for a fuel pump(s). which tank did you bang on?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
you think your fuel system could be clogged? Maybe hitting it with a rubber mallet loosened it up. so in theory you should try something bigger like a sledgehammer.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
oh yea one important thing that we didnt ask. im sure you checked this but do you have gas in both tanks?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah had lots of gas of rear tank and added gas to front tank, which didn't help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts