Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldnt find my problem. My truck sat for about 4 years before i bought it about a month ago. I changed all the right fluids, fuel filter, feul pump, six litr tueup, etc. Truck has been running great. I took out in a pasture the other day and it was a pretty bumpy ride. Since then, the first time i start it cold it dies immediately, but after that starts right back up and runs fine. It also seems as though all the gas isnt burning off, im getting a little smoke and a bad smell (though only slightly noticable). Neither problem is that big of a deal but i dont want it to escalate and it worries me that they are new problems

1991 302 5.0 fuel injected auto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its been over a week, no ideas? im thinking about taking it back to the shop that did the fuel pump, but i have been out of town so it has been a while since i got it back from them. Any ideas at all?

·
Registered
710 Posts
the response that is most used on this site is..... ...... ...... pull the codes.

sorry, I can't just tell you to tweak the flux capacitor, but pulling your codes will get you in the ballpark.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i started having battery problems, had it tested, and they said it wasn't holding a charge. Bought a new one and now the starting problem is gone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts