Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been dealing with an issue for awhile, thought it was fuel pump/Regulator.

Have my own Fuel pressure gauge.

No Codes,

Fuel Pressure is 40 KOEO and 32/33 KOER. I do not lose fuel pressure when engine dies.

After being a Idle for awhile I rev it up and sometimes it just straight dies, sometimes just a really bad stumble and recovers.

Usually only happens after engine is hot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
70 at Wide open throttle? out of all the posts I have searched I have never seen that.

New filter, new regulator.

Fuel pressure is actually increasing when stumble/engine dies.

·
Registered
96 XL, 351, E4OD w/FL1 & dual coolers. Double cardan shafts, TrueTracs, 4.10s front & rear. 4" lift
173 Posts
JW, silly question but I assume you've checked your plug wires, especially the wire from coil to distributor? I've had weak coil give out on me when under load. The engine will idle but not enough spark when under load and it got worse when the coil was hot.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,092 Posts
How far?

It should be like 70 at wide open throttle
:scratchhe

70 at Wide open throttle? out of all the posts I have searched I have never seen that.
:stupid

I don't think that number has actually been discussed. But the pressure should rise when throttle is increased.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
tfi if nobody else mentions it?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
No Codes,

Fuel Pressure is 40 KOEO and 32/33 KOER. I do not lose fuel pressure when engine dies.

Code 33 is egr, and 32 is evp. Having egr troubles? Vacuum lines ok?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Code 33 is egr, and 32 is evp. Having egr troubles? Vacuum lines ok?
No Dave, was saying that Fuel Pressure is 40 with when I turn the key and Fuel pressure is 32/33 when engine is running.

I am getting no codes.

Putting new coil in tonight, probably the culprit.

·
Registered
96 XL, 351, E4OD w/FL1 & dual coolers. Double cardan shafts, TrueTracs, 4.10s front & rear. 4" lift
173 Posts
Having had coils give me problems including getting towed in the past, I always keep a spare in the truck just in case. They are super cheap, and a royal pain when they die so I keep one in my toolbox.

I don't know how the OBD1 diags work, but is there a way to see what your MAF or speed density sensor is reading when you try to give it throttle?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all, it appears the coil was the culprit, it was hot enough out side to really test it too.

let it get to operating temp in driveway and couldnt get it to stumble/die.

So I drove it a couple miles up to store..... First time its been driven in awhile.

No problem restarting and coming back home after going into store.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good to hear JW! Now to keep a spare in the toolbox!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts