Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been building on a 6 liter power stroke diesel for my bronco for a couple of years now and hadn't gotten very far. So I sold it last week and have picked up a 6BT, NV4500 and a Atlas II transfer case. After all the cobbing and wiring converting my truck to MAF for the 393 and running a stand alone controller for my E4OD I'm really looking forward to some three wire simplicity with this build. Doing some minor mods to the 6BT including turbo and fuel pump. Pictures to follow shortly... :beer

·
Registered
80 Posts
Excited to see this, been contemplating it since I picked up my bronco. Working in a Kenworth dealership I get to deal with Cummins parts day in and day out. If you end up needing any genuine Cummins parts give me a shout and I'll be happy to help!

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excited to see this, been contemplating it since I picked up my bronco. Working in a Kenworth dealership I get to deal with Cummins parts day in and day out. If you end up needing any genuine Cummins parts give me a shout and I'll be happy to help!
Thank you! I will probably be hitting you up for some advice at least! Pulling my 393 this weekend

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you! I will probably be hitting you up for some advice at least! Pulling my 393 this weekend
Sure thing brother, not sure how good I'll be for advice since that's a little out of my realm, but on the parts side I've got you covered! When you get there, if you need help finding parts all I'll need is an engine serial number, should be on a plate on the valve cover and is typically 8 digits long, all numbers (ie. 79542384, dataplate shows an ISX 15 liter built for a soft drink company out of the Jamestown Engine Plant on 09 Jan 2012). If you want your engine dataplate or to see any warranty campaigns, just let me know!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've changed my plans. Again. For the last time. I sold what I had to a buddy because I bought this:

And that frees up this:

I don't want to sell it but it rides so rough its killing my already bad back.. So, I'm going to take the drive train, dash and front clip and swap it on to the Bronco. SO, its back to a 7.3/4R100

·
Registered
612 Posts
That Excursion is sweet. Is it a diesel? I was wondering if they all had the powerstroke emblem. Can't wait to see the swap!

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Excursion is sweet. Is it a diesel? I was wondering if they all had the powerstroke emblem. Can't wait to see the swap!
Thank you:beer Yeah, Its a 6 Liter. Already bullet proofed and new injectors. I think the emblem got deleted by the PO in keeping with the black out theme...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice. People talk crap about those 6.0, but my granddad bought every part Banks makes for his 6.0 excursion, then upgrade to even more ridiculous turbos and that thing hauls ass for such a big truck. I got a little off topic

Post more Bronco stuff!

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. People talk crap about those 6.0, but my granddad bought every part Banks makes for his 6.0 excursion, then upgrade to even more ridiculous turbos and that thing hauls ass for such a big truck. I got a little off topic

Post more Bronco stuff!
Did he do the bullet proofing Tony? Or did he have any problems with his head gaskets? Especially with the bigger turbo and the extra head pressure... I just found out I'm having to do head gaskets again... Even though its been bullet proofed and has the ARP studs the bigger turbo has managed to produce a little over pressure into the cooling system. Also found out that the "Black Onyx" (or something like that) head gaskets aren't as good as everyone thought they were a couple years ago and thats what mine got... and now one is starting to fail..

It still runs great but if I really stomp on it it will blow coolant out of the reservoir...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah he did the bullet proofing. No head gasket problems. Its his 3rd Excursion to get tricked out. I think he said the stock heads are crappy and look like swiss cheese or something lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts