Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its weight loss time. Anyone got any tips for someone who goes to school for 6 hours then to work for 5 more? im gonna buy a weight bag so i can do boxing as my cardio. any other ideas? i gave up soda and sweet drinks for water, and am eating less in ammounts but still eat 4-5 times a day.
any help would be appreciated. Right now im 6'1" 255 lbs i will update weekly. anyone who wants to join me and use this as a support please by all means do so i could use the help
Thanks
-Eric

·
Registered
87 Posts
I started taking some supplements from Advocare. They are mainly vitamins and antioxidents that have helped curve some of my cravings and have got me off of soft drinks and caffeine. I think one reason they work so well is because you take some before you eat (about 30 min) and then some with your meal, so you are so full of vitamins you don't want to eat real food. :histerica

I have only lost about 5 lbs, but I haven't been exercising. The biggest difference I have seen is that I have a lot more energy. Anyway, they don't have crazy stuff like effedra or claim that you will lose 50 lbs in 2 weeks, but they do make me feel better. I thought you could go to their website and find someone around you who sells it, but I was wrong. Here is their website and the email of the guy I buy if from. He was good about giving me some samples to take, so he might do the same for you. Although it is one of those "businesses" I just take the products and really like them.

http://www.advocare.com/store/shopNow.jsp

PARK & TRACY WEATHERLY
LUBBOCK, TX
Distributor ID 01031326
[email protected]

Good luck :thumbup

edit:the stuff I am taking is called MNS. It comes in packets and tells you when to take each set of vitamins. 1 packet 30 min before breakfast, 1 packet 30 min before lunch and the other packets at Lunch.

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
You don't need any equipment to do an intensive workout. Situps, Pushups, Flutter Kicks (lay in a prone position on your back, legs 6in off the ground, arms out, then raise and lower your legs one at a time at a fast to medium pace) , and forward and reverse lunges.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Best way to lose weight is exercise....nothing else beats it...and it wont come back fast...plus you will feel better....and its free...just cost some energy i guess..

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
redwagon said:
Im right there with ya...started walking in the morning and trying to cut out all junk food.
sweet, maybe i will do that. i guess if i woke up at 6:00 walked till 6:45 and then school, that would prob work.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
ctbronco86 said:
sweet, maybe i will do that. i guess if i woke up at 6:00 walked till 6:45 and then school, that would prob work.
doing excercise and cutting carbs will help you slim down. avoid the complex carbs especially.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
ctbronco86 said:
You wouldn't believe how much simple walking can help you, not slouch walking but a brisk pace.

I was 305lbs the year after high school, it was all muscle in high school because i was working out constantly, when i stopped it turned to flab.

I walked for 20 minutes every nite for at a brisk pace, eliminated anything that was high calorie and high fat.

I dropped 65lbs, just doing that, and then i intesnified my work out to walking 1 hour every night at a brisk pace, i was down to 205. Then i got married and gained 155 lbs, and then i got divorced and lost 155 lbs, and now i am stable at about 230. I am going to start working out again, just walking for now.

the hardest part is sticking to it, you can't have a lax attitude in anything you decide to do, if your going to do it, do it, if not, don't bother being half ass about it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
No excercise needed, the fabulous "B&B" program.

B=burrito with lean beef fajita, note: chicken will not work.

B=bourbon, note: alcohol is a solvent and will break down burrito components before components can be layered up as blubber. Use in equal parts by weight of burrito.

Best results are obtained in conjunction with buxom young lass for dessert.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
506 Posts
You might want to start weight training a little bit. Cardio gets your metabolism up but it comes down quickly after you stop. dont get me wrong burning calories is important but if you want the most gain resistance training offset with cardio will greatly help you out. If you got the time to go for the 45 min hour long walk you got time to do workout with weights.

Also Weight training keeps up your metabolism longer then cardio because your body is trying to heal the muscle tissue that is broken down from the weights. yes you will be sore, yes it will hurt but your body will get used to it. start off light and work your way up to heavier amounts but as you do that decrease the amout of reps you are doing. if you do 3 set of ten reps then it is time to move up in the amount you are working at. 2 supplements that I would recomend to you if you start lifting is 1 Creatine it helps keep the muscle hydrated it will help lessen the soreness after the work out. The second it glutamine it will help in the rebuilding process of the the muscles.

As far as the other supplements that you are taking from advocare, be carefull, I used to take them, I know people who have taken then and my wifes uncle is a distributor of them as well.
I personally dont care for that product I am not gonna go on and slam them, but if they are working for you then go for it.

Thought I would throw that into the mix.

Now If I could just listen to my own words :(

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I actually started a three day a week swimming program. I'm 6'1" and 290 lbs. I'm not really too worried about losing weight per-se, but I've noticed my endurance dropping off lately, and a boost in upper body strength helps with my shoulder problem.
I suppose looking a little better with my shirt off would be nice, but I don't want to be too bulgy (exept where it matters;) ) cause I already know I'm pretty strong, and that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Eat 6 small meals a day. Not 3 big ones. Eat smart. Being a student I know it is hard, but just cut out burgers, processed shiot...etc. Remember that one burger can be about 900 cals from a restaurant...you are lucky to burn 900 in a single workout. Don't eat late nights. Fruits veggies are great of course. Don't diet, change your lifestyle. And like said before...sit-ups, pushups, pullups and running are all you need to get in great shape..along with diet.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I tried the sacred heart diet. You are supposed to make a soup etc. I make the the soup the first time, than substituted V8 juice the second time. You eat fruit the first day, veggies the 2nd, mixed the 3rd day, 4 day is bananas & milk, etc. Here is the link http://www.idiet4u.com/diets/sacredheart.html
I lost a few pounds while doing it.
One thing that work it getting into acontest at your work etc. Each person weighs themself on a scale, put 5 or $10 each in, after 2 or 3 months who ever loses the most wins the pool of money. We had 2 guys that lost 25+ pounds, I lost 15. There was only 1 pound between 1st and 2nd. It was fun.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
First off, be careful who you take advice from. As you know, there is no magic, it all boils down to do more, eat less. Do weight train, do cardio, do watch your diet. Dont starve yourself or go more than three or four hours without eating. Dont fall for gimmicks or fads. Dont expect to go back to your "normal" way of eating/exercising (or lack thereof) once you've lost the weight...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,143 Posts
I'm talking to a friend of mine who's studying to be a physical therapist about joining his gym. :brownbag Get in shape and maybe even meet some chicks. :toothless

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
What worked for me was starting a game called geocaching. It's is a treasure hunt using a handheld GPS device . Basicly it gives you a reason to go on long hikes which you might not otherwise do. I started off on local hunts but quickly started searching out caches that were harder to get to and required more involved hikes. Sitting stationary in a gym would get old very fast for me. When I started I could never do what I like to now, a 10 mile hike climbing and desending 1200 feet in altitude along the way. I also have a large dog that when we are done is like "that's all?".

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
i have been trying to loose some weight lately and have been eating right, trying to eat 4-6 small meals and eating the right foods, and have been going to the gym everyday. Right now i am at 5'11" and 240, but i am getting sligtly frustrated b/c i havent lost anything since i started 2 weeks ago to the day, i expected at least 3lbs... is it really that slow to start?

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
cut down or cut out coffee, eat smaller amounts, i have lost 20 lbs doing just that, no junk food, occasional soda, moslty water milk, or juice. eat a breakfast at home, instant outmeal, or right now i am eating an egg sandwich i just made, 2 peices or whole wheat toast, take 1 egg i nuke it in a small glass dish for about 35 seconds, and a piece of cheese, filling, and better for you than a DD one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts