Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to have a d44hd that i want to install.
i would like info on outter swap to 5lug.
what willi need to swap.
also will the ttb gears swap.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
The search button is your friend.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
skyhigh85 said:
i seem to have a d44hd that i want to install.
i would like info on outter swap to 5lug.
what willi need to swap.
also will the ttb gears swap.
If you've got an 8-lug D44 and you really don't want it, sell it off and buy another 5-lugger. The 8-lug stuff is like gold to the guys swapping in one-ton rears.

Oh, and see the stickies, search, and the gears will swap as long as your new axle is a high pinion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
boy you people are on someone in a second if they dont use the search button. I dont see a problem posting something like this and then just having someone respond in 5mins compared to like 30mins in searching.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Find somebody (relatively) local to you with a 5-lug D44 and meet up with them, swap straight up, and be good to go. Both of you will have what you want.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
BambiBasher said:
boy you people are on someone in a second if they dont use the search button. I dont see a problem posting something like this and then just having someone respond in 5mins compared to like 30mins in searching.
Stick around for a while and you to will be just as peev'ed to read the same questions posted time and time again.

There is a vast depth of info on this site. All one has to do is look for it.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
dogonmut said:
Stick around for a while and you to will be just as peev'ed to read the same questions posted time and time again.

There is a vast depth of info on this site. All one has to do is look for it.
:stupid

And it's all organized nicely in the sticky threads. It isn't like it takes a lot of effort to find.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can understand the sticky threads, but man I myself feel hesitant to post a question here for fear that i may be pounced upon like prey because at some point in history it was once asked. It shouldn't be that way. when i see posts about the same question or what i believe is the same question, then i just skip it. It seems to me that some people's time is just too valuable than to spend the 2 seconds to answer a person's question that they may be tormenting about day and night where a search may not yield the specific answers needed to satisfy their concerns.

·
Registered
912 Posts
BambiBasher said:
whine, blah, whine.
Seriously do you really have to be spoon fed information. EVERYTHING you want to know about a Bronc is on this site, you just have to look for it. Doenst seem too difficult for the adults.

·
Registered
236 Posts
BambiBasher said:
I can understand the sticky threads, but man I myself feel hesitant to post a question here for fear that i may be pounced upon like prey because at some point in history it was once asked.
If you can't take the time to read info, or the information is too confusing for you...

Maybe you should not be doing this swap! Not everyone who wants to "should". I don't know your ability, but you seem to be showing a lower technical aptitude.

Fact: Some people should not attempt this swap. It's better if they have a shop do the work.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
BambiBasher said:
I can understand the sticky threads, but man I myself feel hesitant to post a question here for fear that i may be pounced upon like prey because at some point in history it was once asked.
For specificity, the question asked in this thread has been covered more times than I think anyone can count. I would be afraid of getting pounced on for asking questions without searching first too.

BambiBasher said:
It shouldn't be that way.
You are correct, it shouldn't be that way. People should search, and it wouldn't be that way.

BambiBasher said:
when i see posts about the same question or what i believe is the same question, then i just skip it.
And it just clutters the board with uselsess garbage.

BambiBasher said:
It seems to me that some people's time is just too valuable than to spend the 2 seconds to answer a person's question that they may be tormenting about day and night where a search may not yield the specific answers needed to satisfy their concerns.
Hypothetically speaking, its possible that you could at some point be correct. This is not one of those times. Or perhaps the person asking the questions time is too valuable to take the time to do the 2 second search to find the info they seek?

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Franklin said:
EVERYTHING you want to know about a Bronc
:bs

If everything was on here, there would ben no more need for the forums, Joe cold just lock them all and save bandwidth.:histerica

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Mr.N said:
If you can't take the time to read info, or the information is too confusing for you...

Maybe you should not be doing this swap! Not everyone who wants to "should". I don't know your ability, but you seem to be showing a lower technical aptitude.

Fact: Some people should not attempt this swap. It's better if they have a shop do the work.
Very good point, and one not made often enough :thumbup

·
Registered
204 Posts
here is a post from another forum. I am leaving the name of the person out.

even before the holdiays it was like this, I do both fsb and ftw. when i first got on forums i loved ftw much more because it was a better atmosphere and the people made you feel welcome, unlike fsb where you ask a question and they jump call you a newb and tell you to search,
Ill leave it there, i dont want to totally hijack this thread.

Basher

1 - 17 of 17 Posts