Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to pick up a Bronco with a 5.8l motor. i am looking at 94, 95, 96 XLT or EDdie Bauer with a 5.8.

I have read a few things on the differences but any year to go with over another year?

What all is the differences?

If anyone know where a good deal is on a clean 5.8 eddie bauer bronco let me know!

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,059 Posts
First of all, welcome to the best site on the net future Bronco owner. :twotu:

The 351 started in 94 as a roller motor, block code F4TE. What this means is it'll have a roller cam if its original. 94 and 95's are speed density motors. In 96, they went to mass air flow. The California models for 95 were also mass air flow motors.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill have to dig up pics of my old Bronco. HAd a 91 Edddie Bauer for awhile and loved it.
Currently have an 02 f150 crew cab and 72 chevy c10 lowered.

want something that will pull my jet skis, quads, and haul my dogs.
If I dont find a bronco ill get an extra cab eddie bauer f150 from 95 or 96

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
a f4te doesn't mean it has a factory roller cam. it means the block is roller cam ready. some had roller cams, some didn't.

OBDII also started in 96.

94-96 were very similar with minimal changes, mostly only cosmetic, except for the above mentioned engine stuff. Nothing to really write home about

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,059 Posts
a f4te doesn't mean it has a factory roller cam. it means the block is roller cam ready. some had roller cams, some didn't.

OBDII also started in 96.

94-96 were very similar with minimal changes, mostly only cosmetic, except for the above mentioned engine stuff. Nothing to really write home about
And you are correct, F4TE doesn't mean it has a roller cam. Those blocks started showing up in 93. But, the 94's that I have seen other members open up, have had the roller cam already in there. My 95 had a factory roller cam as well.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
First of all, welcome to the best site on the net future Bronco owner. :twotu:

The 351 started in 94 as a roller motor, block code F4TE. What this means is it'll have a roller cam if its original. 94 and 95's are speed density motors. In 96, they went to mass air flow. The California models for 95 were also mass air flow motors.
FYI, my 94 XL has MASS Air... although i don't have a 351...

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
302's had mass air a little before the 351s, i think he was talking about 351s only

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have been told depending on build dates that some of the late 95 351s had MAF as well but I dont know for sure. good luck with your search. make sure you check the normal rust spots very well before you buy one

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been told depending on build dates that some of the late 95 351s had MAF as well but I dont know for sure. good luck with your search. make sure you check the normal rust spots very well before you buy one
:rofl::rofl: I live in VEGAS!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 95 and 1/2. So when I buy parts, I ask for 96 stuff. I have the mas air intake. There are little differences that make it a pain as well. Parts seem to be a little different. I had to get spacers for the locking hubs, and have an extra cat and extra o2 sensers. I also have a vss in the rear end which makes going to a different one a little more of a pain. It seems to me that the earlier years had less tech stuff to worry about and made many up grades easier. Before you buy, think long term goals of what you want to do to the truck and pick the best year for making those happpen the cheapest. You are in a great place to do research and learn so you can make an educated decision

·
Registered
170 Posts
:rofl::rofl: I live in VEGAS!!!
Dang you are lucky. I got my rust "fixed" when I first got it my Bronco my 8th grade year. Apparently they did not do a good job on fixing it. I am now a junior in college, thats less than 8 years time, and it is rusting through the rear body panels by the bumper and above the rear fenders, and the paints bubbling behind the front fender wells. So guess what I get to do when I graduate and get some coin? haha I am going to take apart the panels and coat every panel inside and out with bed liner and get the whole thing repainted and the top lined to match the EB tan color

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ideally Im looking for a black or white eddie bauer fully loaded 5.8l with auto tranny.

from there it will get 6" lift and 35s and whatever else comes a long.
I NEVER keep anything stock...

Ive had two eddie bauer broncos, before pics were readily available to be logged straight on to a computer lol. Ill have to scan them in

A few past vehicles

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Thank you knowledgeable ones.......lol lol.....:rockon

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ideally Im looking for a black or white eddie bauer fully loaded 5.8l with auto tranny.

from there it will get 6" lift and 35s and whatever else comes a long.
I NEVER keep anything stock...

Ive had two eddie bauer broncos, before pics were readily available to be logged straight on to a computer lol. Ill have to scan them in

A few past vehicles

I really like that jeep, the full size ford truck, and especially the chevelle

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
And you are correct, F4TE doesn't mean it has a roller cam. Those blocks started showing up in 93. But, the 94's that I have seen other members open up, have had the roller cam already in there. My 95 had a factory roller cam as well.
every 5.8 or 5.0 that was mass air that I took a part had a roller cam.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts