Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying to search and gleen as much info about the different heads as possible (which really just confused me. i do appreciate the help I have recieved so far about those GT cobra heads, but the guy sold them already).

I know that there are several different GT heads (X, Y,P cast iron, more?) then I have seen AFR, twisted somthings, etc. In another thread, i saw the GT X heads are like 550 at summit, which seem to be the cheapest.

Can someone tell me what the best performance versus cost is?
Can you break it down simple stupid for me please?
What are E7 heads? Are they a good cheap alternative to the higher cost alum. heads? Can they be had at the junkyard?
What vehicles should I look for at the junkyard top pull some heads from? I know mustangs, but what years/models?

Id hope this thread can be useful for anyone trying to figure this out, but my motor will be (when its time to rebuild, which is coming up) a 94 351 with prolly a stock or near stock cam (ford racing guy said stock would be fine) with the edelbrock upper and lower intakes. Ill have the block machined some if needed or if its really worthwhile (10 to 30 over I would guess). Id like it to run on cheap pump gas, and be reliable. I already have pacesetter headers, K/N cone filter and 3" bassani Y pipe to flowmaster muffler.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I know the E7 heads are the stock Bronco heads. From what I hear they can be port and polished to flow almost as well as some of the aftermarket/Explorer heads.

From another thread I started I learned that there is no stock aluminum GT-40 head, therefore no junkyard aluminum donors.

I hope someone can add onto that.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=9

My sugestion for a 5.8L in a FSB:
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&part=WRL-053030&FROM=MG
Iron will hold heat better (which is good for low compression street engines)
180cc intake runner (which will produce more power at lower engine speeds)

5.8L needs a better intake or cylinder heads are pointless
Do you think they're still the better option(compared to the Roush 200's) on a 10-1, 5.8?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts