Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throuh all of the reading I have done about high idles, I have yet to see this problem.

When I am driving, and push the clutch in, the truck drops down to idle at about 1500 RPM, and holds it. It doesnt fluctuate up or down. As soon as the truck stops rolling, and I put it in nuetrel, it idles normal, 800-1000 RPM.

In the past year, I have replaced the IAC, TPS, cleaned throttle body and done a good tune up. Havn't had a chance to pull codes in a month or so, but last time I didnt get anything that would affect the idle.

I am going to pull codes again tomorrow, but does anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The computer knows what the reading is on the speedo. Every SEFI ford I've driven does this, to some extent. Perhaps ford does this to reduce bogging or lag while changing gears (?). 1500 seems a little high though, my current mustang (just because I can remember these numbers since its fresh in my mind) does about 1050/1100 rpms while rolling, then drops to 750/800 when stopped.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
His EFI isn't SEFI, it's bank-fire SD EFI.

I dunno GT, what's your TPS reading at closed-throttle?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His EFI isn't SEFI, it's bank-fire SD EFI.

I dunno GT, what's your TPS reading at closed-throttle?
Couldn't tell ya off the top off my head. I will have to see what I can do about checking that tomorrow as well. Gunna have to reread the thread about it though:doh0715:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts