Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short my BKO has a whelen siren/PA system as of today.

The system has the capability to broadcast radio communications through the external speaker. It needs input in speaker wire form. I would like to use on sets of preamp outputs on the back of my radio for this.

Anyone know how to take a pre-amp signal and convert it to speaker wire type input? Or am I just dreaming here and need to splice into a speaker wire

Thanks in advance.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for RCA jack to positive/negative copper wire. The only inputs for the radio are the mic and two sopper wires (Blue to be exact).

I figured if there was an easy way to do so, It would be simpler then taping into a speaker and would be really easy to remove later if needed. I guess it would be easy enough to tap into a speaker wire, but I am a little OCD sometimes.

Red91xlt
Would the converter you posted go the other way? Meaning from RCA to +/-. It looks like it is made to convert from speaker to RCA originally.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In this case, signal can travel both ways, there is no "one way" situation. What kind of radio do you have? Are we talking CB, or VHF/UHF?
Neither. This is a whelen siren box. It doesn't transmit anything over the airways, just through the speaker. Think like the type in an ambulance or police car.

Although if I can find the right switch I might enable it to broadcast CB traffic through the speaker as well. But that is something I can worry about later if I get motivated to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts