Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be putting new used tires on soon. One set are Cooper Discovery AT and the others are Wildcat AT Both 31x10.50/15. Will there be a problem with this. A friend said that since they are different tires (make) they might not be the same size around. Both came off the the same truck before. I have no clue about this.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Run the two of the same on the rear, and the two of the same on the front.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to do that anyway. My bubby said somethis about 1 set turning faster that the other and could screw up the tranfer case, if in 4 wheel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
"Shouldn't" hurt anything as long as you don't put it in 4wd on the pavement. Although you really shouldn't be doing that anyway.

Put one of each next to each other and measure how different they are. I did that for a while but there was only about a 1/4 inch of difference. Your results may vary.:thumbup

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I run older BFG A/Ts on the rear and Wildcat A/Ts on the front. Both 32/11.5. Works fine so far. You shouldn't be engaging 4WD anytime you have enough traction for that to screw up your t-case.

·
Registered
345 Posts
go to walmart and buy a vinyl measuring tape and measure each Tire around.
my bfg ats are 1'' bigger than my procomps. .99 cents is a small price to pay to be safe. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
go to walmart and buy a vinyl measuring tape and measure each Tire around.
my bfg ats are 1'' bigger than my procomps. .99 cents is a small price to pay to be safe. Good luck.
That's a 1% difference on circumference, about 0.3% on diameter, won't make any difference at all. You'll see that much difference in normal wear during the life of the tires.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Id imagine, as said above, that the small differences in tire wont amount to a large final ratio difference between the front and back. So it wouldnt do any harm on the T-case.

Like said, dont throw it in 4wd on a high traction surface, but id be comfortable running 2 different makes of tires that are the "same" size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts