Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a remanufactured 2150 Motorcraft for my 79 Bronco, 400, c6. Its a little bit different than the 2150 I have on there now. I was wondering if it will still work the same? I still have new rebuilt carb in packaging.
New rebuilt one.
Old one. The hose I have running to the top of the carb can I take it off and block off the port at the carb?

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Well the answer is yes, it will work the same, but it might run a little different. There are like 7 different versions of the 2150 and one of the main variants is the jet size. I would see how it runs and tune as needed.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The port on top just catches fumes from the float bowl (it's called a bowl vent) and passes them to the carbon canister, it doesn't affect operation at all. The lever on the new carb opens the bowl vent at idle and closes it above idle, just another gadget some engineer thought would be important to meet some arbitrary emissions regulation. They are interchangeable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody. Everyone on this forum is always very helpful. One other question, was there any version of the 2150 available with manual choke?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Thanks everybody. Everyone on this forum is always very helpful. One other question, was there any version of the 2150 available with manual choke?
Anyone have a picture of the manual choke setup? I may have one laying around I could sell you. I've got one that's different from my Holley parts but I don't remember what it fits.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carb Installed, Fuel pump question.

Got the new rebuilt carb installed today runs fairly well. Still needs to be tweaked, getting a lil to much fuel at idle, making it run a lil rough. Runs out good on the road. I have lots more power now, didnt reallize how wore out the other carb was.

Going down the road at higher speeds the truck needs extra fuel, my electric fuel pump isnt pumping out enough. Its a purolator fuel pump, makes 7psi. Right now I have it wired to a toggle switch. I have heard if I run it to a relay I can get more electricity to it and make it pump more fuel. If so how would I do this? And could I still have it on the toggle switch?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually no I havent, sorry, I guess I should have. The fuel filter does not always stay full. Sometimes it is completely full then sometimes just half fuel, maybe its just air pockets?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.