Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i go about doing this?
one of my classes in school is Video Production and they let us check out the cameras
well i would like to check it out one weekend and take it wheelin. i would just need
to know how to get the video onto my computer. thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
1982bronco said:
how would i go about doing this?
one of my classes in school is Video Production and they let us check out the cameras
well i would like to check it out one weekend and take it wheelin. i would just need
to know how to get the video onto my computer. thanks
You have to have a firewire board in your computer and a firewire cable.

·
Registered
139 Posts
u can also use a s-video to rca adaptor if you have a s video plug

and for firewire (what i use) you might have the adaptor in your sound card otherwise buy a firewire board that goes in the pci slot

T

·
0 Posts
I use ADS instand DVD. STAY AWAY!
a good video capture card with S video or rca input jacks works great.

Or even a TV tuner card, you can plumb the signal in through the antenna.

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
the sony i got for christmas (dcr-trv22) is USB. i don't neccessarily know how it would work borrowing the cameras from school, but with my camcorder, i just hook the usb into the port on the camera and run the software that came with it. capturing video right from the tape is a simple as clicking the mouse at the beginning of the scene and clicking it again at the end. guess i got it easy .... who'da thunk it was that easy? :toothless

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so that means i have to buy some special equipment?
if so maybe i dont need to......im poor......ill see if they have those at school and if i can use them
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kallure....the camera that i have is a Sony Digital Handycam.
it says USB Streaming on the side on a sticker. and i have a USB cord to plug in cuz i got
that with my digital camera.
what kind of software came with yours?

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
the software that came with the camera apparently is packaged with the sony handycams and cybershots 'cause i have a friend who has one of their digital cameras and she uses the same stuff.

anyway, the software to pull the images off was called image mixer ver 1.5 for sony. it came on the cd bundled with the equipment. but there were also a usb driver and a small image transfer program that i had to install as well.

once installed, all i had to do was run image mixer and click on the button when i wanted the scene to start and click again when i wanted it to stop. it automatically converted it over to mpg format and stored it on a my computer. easy as pie! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there a way you could send me that software? nudge nudge
or would i be able to find it on coughKazaacough?

·
Registered
139 Posts
you probly could go on the site of the company and get the software free form them

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My brother has a Hitachi that records to re-writeable dvd's. Just take it out and drop it into the DVD player. It's very cool. It works for movies or stop at any frame for a picture.

Only downside is they are not as high resolution as the digital cameras are right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts