Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door dinger continuesly goes off as soon as you put the key in the ignition. I have read that the black wire with a purple strip can be cut and the dinger will go away. Is this correct i want to be sure before i start cutting things. or what can i fix to make it better thanks:popc1: :goodfinge

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You have to close the door.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
First, look at the little sealed switch in the door frame.

When I bought mine, the switch seal was bad, and when I took it through the car wash for the first time, the dinger started and wouldn't stop until I removed the switch. A $15 part and one screw later, and it was all good. I'm sure you can get one for virtually nothing at the wrecker.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
jb77714 said:
i unplugged mine
cause i hated that too
I believe that's all I did as well. Just undid the little plunger down in the door jamb area, pulled out wired, disconnected them and taped em up. put it back together.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
right above the gas petal under the dash is the chime module, just umplug the connector

·
Explorer driving
4,191 Posts
I also hate that f'king chime. Must be one of 10, well, maybe 10, things on my truck that still works like it did when it was new.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Is there a way to disconnect all the chimes except for the headlights? That is the one chime that I like. It saves me money every time I forget to turn my headlights off:toothless

·
Registered
82 Posts
My truck doesn't chime with the key or the headlights. I almost forgot once with the headlights. I guess mine is disconnected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts