Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is friggin wierd after i had my headers put on i checked my oil and found out they did not put the dipstick pipe back in the oilpan hole. now no matter what angle i attack from and bend it to this thing will not go back in the 2 inches it needs to seat....

i tried filing the sides of the pipe thinking there might be a burr on it. and making sure its mostly round.

thanks

wtf?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

i bent this thing 16 ways to sunday including cutting off the bracket mount on the pipe still not even a chance of getting it in that hole is there some part missing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

351 93' truck, with JBA headers

it looks like the line has to go in at a steep angle. i tried sticking a bolt in there to see the way the line had to go in (line meaning pipe)

i cut 1/4 inch off the end to make sure the end is clean and filed it smooth

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Pain in the ass ain't it! took me 4 days of :banghead to get mine back in. Had to re-bend it, now it mounts over here:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so this is how it ends

well from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm i worked at this piece of crap pipe. I ended up cheating by cutting it, fiquering out the angle and then putting it back together by hammering both parts in an aluminum sleave. as can see in pic its quite the jury rig.

So it will be off to Ford to buy the friggin part and start all over..

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

this comes on the tails of messing with MSD custom wires for the last couple weekends playing find the badly crimped spark plug wire. I hate those friggin custom wire do it yourself what a mistake that was getting those :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts