Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showin you my 85: 351w, c6, etc & etc.with some problems. check out the pics:
dirty as a mofo

I'm hearing some knocking from this neck of the woods. This is looking north towards the port side of the tranny. Isn't there supposed to be some bolts here?

Wasps' nest on my starter: thought you'd wanna see that huge san joaquin mud wasp hive so i put it

I am having difficulty sealing the rear of this case. NP208. It keeps poppin the seal out. What do I have to do to keep this thing in there?

Here is the dash. still waitin on gauges and things

laziness on my spark plug wires, but runs good up here.

hood up

I appreciate any advice, and your insults. :beer

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,842 Posts
Maybe your flexplate is cracked. You say your hearing a knocking noise from underneath around the bell housing area. Or at least the pic points to it. Does it knock all the time or usually under a load or heavy throttle?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It only knocks when I start it up cold. When I get on the throttle it goes away. But its getting worse and louder. It is knocking right around the torque converter. I got under there and its sll tightened up some I'm getting less confident.

Oh yeah - I killed the wasp nest and a bunch of dead larvae fell down my sleave. AWESOME

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
It only knocks when I start it up cold. When I get on the throttle it goes away. But its getting worse and louder. It is knocking right around the torque converter. I got under there and its sll tightened up some I'm getting less confident.

Oh yeah - I killed the wasp nest and a bunch of dead larvae fell down my sleave. AWESOME

You may wanna go thru some/all of those threads I justed posted for you. Had the same issue as you have---with many different opinions. Grab a beer and enjoy them.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any advice on the oil seal on the t-case??? Should I just beat it with a large socket???

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,842 Posts
Any advice on the oil seal on the t-case??? Should I just beat it with a large socket???
Should just tap it right in. If your tapping it in all the way, then there must be pressure inside. Check your vent tube and hole, make sure they are not plugged.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts