Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That's right!!! Not only are we stocking them but we guarantee the lowest delivered price. If any competitor has a cheaper
advertised out the door price call us, we won't be beat!!!

Below is the link with our mail order prices. Shipping is FREE!!! 1.888.459.4080

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
shoot son! does discount offer financing/discounts to UTI students? pleeeeeeeeeease?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shoot son! does discount offer financing/discounts to UTI students? pleeeeeeeeeease?
We do offer financing through GE Money (Car Care One). Below is the link with more details:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/credit/tmpCurrentFinancePromosDTD.jsp

At this time we do not offer UTI or forum member discounts. Unlike some of our competitors, we do not inflate our prices just to offer a discount to a select group. Instead we guarantee the lowest OTD price on all the products we carry. If a competitor ever has a cheaper advertised OTD price we'll beat it :rockon

·
RAAAAAH!
937 Posts
So does that mean that the local stores can get them now?

I got a set (5) of Pitbull Rockers on my local store about 4 years ago and it was a very long difficult process and they said they would never do it again.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does that mean that the local stores can get them now?

I got a set (5) of Pitbull Rockers on my local store about 4 years ago and it was a very long difficult process and they said they would never do it again.
I'm not sure if your local store will be stocking them but they shouldn't have too difficult of a time ordering them. If Pitbull has them in stock it's usually an easy quick process.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
HaHa!! That's freakin awesome man! I'm going to get a set of the 1.9 rockbeasts, and 'cut & shut' them to be 2.2's. They end up bein 5" tall, but still have the mirror image tread of the real LT Rockers... The 2.2's that you have are great comp tires, but way too tall and too wide for my scaler.

Cut & Shut's on the left, and the regular 1.9's on the right:

(click pic to see more)

[/hijack off] :brownbag

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HaHa!! That's freakin awesome man! I'm going to get a set of the 1.9 rockbeasts, and 'cut & shut' them to be 2.2's. They end up bein 5" tall, but still have the mirror image tread of the real LT Rockers... The 2.2's that you have are great comp tires, but way too tall and too wide for my scaler.

(click pic to see more)

Looks awesome man! I bet you weren't expecting that for a response. lol. As I usually say... Discount Tire is full of guys just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. :)

I'm thinking I might try a full sized set of these on my daily driver in the next year but we'll see, I haven't fully convinced myself to go this serious again yet. I had a set of Mud Grapplers on one of my trucks for a while and while they were truly amazing off road they were a little much for a daily driver. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
You're probably the only corporate company that actually posts a response on here. That's good to see! I've always liked discount's pricing policy. It's too much of a pita playing the sale/coupon games with the other guys. The sales are never really sales. I guess that is the catch, they trick the people that don't know any better.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're probably the only corporate company that actually posts a response on here. That's good to see! I've always liked discount's pricing policy. It's too much of a pita playing the sale/coupon games with the other guys. The sales are never really sales. I guess that is the catch, they trick the people that don't know any better.

Thank you, We take that as a compliment.

Without getting too far off topic, Mr Halle (owner of Discount Tire) has always known that if you offer an honest price and back it up with great service people will come back and buy again. If you make a mistake, we're all human, do what's right for the customer, not what saves the most money. We look at our customers as customers for life not on just another sale.

We message on over 200 forums right not (3 of us do) and at times we're not the fastest to reply because of it but we'll help out the best that we can. Let us know if we can do anything for you here and as always, your local store guys can offer even better customer service face to face.

·
Banned
676 Posts

(click pic to see more)

whoa whoa whoa! Chevy's? jk those are pretty cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am part of a desert racing team that is using the bias ply Rocker in a 37 x 13.50 x 17 size. They really are an amazing tire! last year we raced the Best in the Desert series. We raced on some very rough courses that destroyed ALOT of tires. We did not have any issues at all with our tires. One of the first races we used the rockers on, we ran over a branch (half a tree) that someone before us on the course broke off of a tree. It had a large spike sticking out of it that punched a hole in both our passenger side tires. We only had one spare on the truck. The front tire was replaced so the truck had steering. Running beadlock rims made it possible to continue on without the tire coming off of the rim, also making it possible to finish the last 25 miles of the race on a flat rear tire, taking first place! After the race, the hole was plugged with one of the cheap DIY tire plugs, filled back up with air and and used on a shop truck in Moab Utah for the next 3 months before the tread started to seperate. I do not know of any tire that could have taken that kind of abuse!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts