Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes according to plan, a few of us will be doing some trails on Sunday July 2nd. Probably start with Dishpan Springs trail near Lake Arrowhead and work our way up to other Big Bear area trails (Holcomb Creek, maybe John Bull, etc)?

This is in the planning stages, but wanted to give a heads up in case anyone wants to do some wheeling over the July 4th weekend! I'll update as we get solid meeting times, places, etc...but for now, I would suspect a meeting place of Running Springs (one of the gas stations), probably at about 8AM or so?

Dishpan Springs has gotten tougher in some spots, especially the upper parts of the trail. A rear locker would make it much easier on you and your rig, but I'm sure we could get just about any decent 4x4 vehicle through if you're up for a few straps or rock stacking. We don't want some totally unprepared rig to slow everyone down, but we'll be happy to help out if you need it.

Ok, I'll update as we get closer... :thumbup

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,766 Posts
[shameless plug] there ya go...buy my rig and have your first outing[/plug]

back to the topic....
haven't hit that trail in a couple years....since the Freeway over the creek....will keep this one in mind, but not sure I will make it

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I ran Dishpan a little while ago, and it was good....the middle rock garden will really test your nerves if you run the right side...

Unfortunately, my Jeep doesn't work well with only two wheels, so I'll probably miss this one.:cry

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Pete! Long time no see! What's wrong with the Jeep?

Yeah, you mean the right side coming down?? (Left going up?) That whole section there at the Slide has really changed! Definitely harder than it was in the past...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, we have decided on Sunday, July 2nd for the Dishpan Springs run (and other trails afterwards). We will be meeting at the 76 Station in Running Springs between 8AM and 9AM (soon as we are more concrete on time, I'll let you know for sure, but if you're there between 8 and 9 we'll see you). We'll be heading down Hwy 18 to Arrowhead and starting at Hook Creek Rd entrance.

Depending on how we do on Dishpan, we'll probably go run other trails in the area like Holcomb Creek, 2N06X and maybe even go all the way to Bull...we'll play it by ear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doesn't look like anyone is going, but just in case someone makes a last minute decision to go, just make sure you are there before 9AM Sunday morning at the 76 Station...(see above). I'll be "offline" for the weekend starting in about 1/2 hour...see ya.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
kpanza said:
Hey Pete! Long time no see! What's wrong with the Jeep?

Yeah, you mean the right side coming down?? (Left going up?) That whole section there at the Slide has really changed! Definitely harder than it was in the past...
I broke REALLY bad at Truckhaven a couple months ago. I decided to completely rethink my love for the D30 and decided to do a HP d44 swap...It's going slowly...

Details here:

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49320

1 - 8 of 8 Posts