Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a noob. and im lazy but i need to see if you guys can help me answer this question real quick.

ok i have a rear dana 60 rear disk 3.55 gear from e350. im installing it this weekend and was wondering if i should remove residual valve and how? and do i need to add perportioning valve at all? or can i leave the breaks alone??

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Man I was going to post up all the links with info for ya, but at the moment I'm feeling just a lil lazy myself.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Man I was going to post up all the links with info for ya, but at the moment I'm feeling just a lil lazy myself.
i thought you were being a dick at first. then i saw where he said he was lazy.

larry is bringing the ****ing ownage. well done. :histerica :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,543 Posts
ok i have a rear dana 60 rear disk 3.55 gear from e350. im installing it this weekend and was wondering if i should remove residual valve and how? and do i need to add perportioning valve at all? or can i leave the breaks alone??
I would offer assistance but I have no clue what the hell is installing or where.

Are we putting a D60 355 ring in a 8.8?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
:haha:haha

You know I had 100's of threads bookmarked with just about all the basics covered and then some, But that was on my old puter Its all lost now. before I would pm the links to ppl. But lately with the hrs I been working I really am ti lazy to do it.:haha

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
im a noob. and im lazy but i need to see if you guys can help me answer this question real quick.

The residual should be gutted, though I ran mine for 5yrs before getting around to it. If you don't it will tend to wear the rear pads faster. The prop. valve should be done as well so you can adjust pressure out of the rear for optimal breaking. Otherwise the rears lock up first, and a bit too early.

Did you measure the width of your spring pads?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The residual should be gutted, though I ran mine for 5yrs before getting around to it. If you don't it will tend to wear the rear pads faster. The prop. valve should be done as well so you can adjust pressure out of the rear for optimal breaking. Otherwise the rears lock up first, and a bit too early.

Did you measure the width of your spring pads?
thanks for the help man. ya i have new spring perches because the van ones are a little bit wider. i read on one of the links he ran a f150 breakmaster. i was thinking about getting that and a adj proportioning valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts