Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I do away or keep my 3in body lift. First off I have a 91 6in sus lift with the 3in body lift I run 35'' mickey thompsons on it. I have searched and havnt found a opinion thread about this. Really I just want to know everyones opinion. This is how it sits now the rear bumper looks real ugly with the body lift.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks great to me!! Just buy a bumper relocator are fab you up one. The bronco is looking great to me and I won't the bead lock wheels lol.

·
Registered
904 Posts
if its juts a street vehicle and you really want 9" of lift, then keep it. If it sees a lot of offroad use then the body lift is just adding unecassary height to the vehicle while giving it no additional flex or other performance gain.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
id leave it.. are you sure thats a 6" lift and not a 4". I think the truck sits real nice the way it is. You can get some 1/4 steel plate and just move the bumper up 3".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its juts a street vehicle and you really want 9" of lift, then keep it. If it sees a lot of offroad use then the body lift is just adding unecassary height to the vehicle while giving it no additional flex or other performance gain.
Thats the thing I offroad at least once a weekend and since I beefed it up (4.88 's and detriot in the rear trutrac in the front) I plan on offroading more. The bumpers drag no matter what and relocating brackets dont make me feel safe when I get stuck. I do plan on doing a SAS possibly this summer which I know will add a couple inches with a dana 44 since I just regeared it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
well with whatever offroading you do, do you feel tipsy or topheavy at all? If you do, take it out. All that the body lift is doing is adding height, and not to your frame or drivetrain, so removing it isnt going to cut clearances at all. We call em "frame lowering kits" around here...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michigan doesnt have much rocks so a lot of articulation isnt needed but I have been in situations where I have felt unsafe with the about of tipping I have had. :scratchhe I suppose I might as well since that will push me to do the SAS further.

X

·
0 Posts
well with whatever offroading you do, do you feel tipsy or topheavy at all? If you do, take it out. All that the body lift is doing is adding height, and not to your frame or drivetrain, so removing it isnt going to cut clearances at all. We call em "frame lowering kits" around here...
It sure does cut down on the clearance. Think about it, if he drops the body down 3" he will have less clearance at the wheel wells for his 35" tires. Not that they won't fit, but they will have a significant decrease in clearance and articulation. Especially if his tires are wide.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong and I will take it as a lesson not an insult. ;oP

Edit: Re-read your post a few times and realized you were referring to vehicle clearance, lol. But my statement still stands as far as the clearance issue with his tires.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It sure does cut down on the clearance. Think about it, if he drops the body down 3" he will have less clearance at the wheel wells for his 35" tires. Not that they won't fit, but they will have a significant decrease in clearance and articulation. Especially if his tires are wide.

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong and I will take it as a lesson not an insult. ;oP

Edit: Re-read your post a few times and realized you were referring to vehicle clearance, lol. But my statement still stands as far as the clearance issue with his tires.
correct about the tire clearance. but with 6" of lift i dont think thats gonna be a huge issue

X

·
0 Posts
correct about the tire clearance. but with 6" of lift i dont think thats gonna be a huge issue
Your absolutely right, it should'nt. Allthough it looks more like he has a 4" susp. coupled with a 3" body. Unless ofcourse my eyes decieve me?

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
that does not look like 9 inches of lift. more like a 4 in with a 3 in BL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in a raised area when I took this pic I do believe its a 6in sus lift Ill investigate tomorrow I bought it lifted thats why my lack of knowledge is in play right now

X

·
0 Posts
Here is a recent pic of mine with 4"susp, 3"body and 35"BFG All-Terrains. Your tires are more aggressive therefore have a larger diameter due to the tread size I believe. :toothless

Edit: Just looked under mine and noticed I still have the original body mounts too which add another inch aswell. But I think we are at the same ride height overall.
Edit: You can see my Jeep in the reflection, lol.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I doesnt look like a 6in to me. If you had a 6in and a 3in body you would be able to fit 38s and it doesnt look like you could. I would take it off anyways. When I get the money to lift mine the body lift will come off.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Here is a recent pic of mine with 4"susp, 3"body and 35"BFG All-Terrains. Your tires are more aggressive therefore have a larger diameter due to the tread size I believe. :toothless

Edit: Just looked under mine and noticed I still have the original body mounts too which add another inch aswell. But I think we are at the same ride height overall.
Edit: You can see my Jeep in the reflection, lol.
Youre suppose to have the body bushing with the body lift. It still just a 3in lift.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts