Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought the truck, and i did all the dealing through the guys girlsfriend, not him, and she didnt know shit about the truck.
Its obvious it has a body lift, and it has aftermarket suspension, but is it aftermarket suspension LIFT, or just aftermarket suspension?
I googled heckethorn, and it seems to be the maker of rough country...

Obvious body lift.

Stacked blocks.

Is this a drop pitman arm?

Do I need this shield thing? It seems like its guarding some shit, but its bent all to hell and ugly. The sway bars were bolted to it, but i took em off.

Sorry its so dirty under there, this may be the reason..

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
yes, looks to be a 4 inch lift, with the ability to go to 6 inches, you would need new springs and just drop the arm pivots to the lower holes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats a pretty cool thing to find out.
So with the 4 inch suspension, and the 3 inch body, I have 7 inches of lift?
Shouldnt it sit higher than it does?
And is that a drop pitman arm? and what about that shield/ cross member thing? Can i snatch it, or would it be in my trucks best intrest if it stayed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
that shield is just the sway bar bracket if you want a sway bar i would suggest you leave it however i have the same exact truck and i took my sway bar off it gives you more articulation or (travel) unless you take sharp corners i would take it off

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that shield is just the sway bar bracket if you want a sway bar i would suggest you leave it however i have the same exact truck and i took my sway bar off it gives you more articulation or (travel) unless you take sharp corners i would take it off
I already took the sway bars off, so ill go ahead and take that thing off too.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
I just recently bought the truck, and i did all the dealing through the guys girlsfriend, not him, and she didnt know shit about the truck.
Its obvious it has a body lift, and it has aftermarket suspension, but is it aftermarket suspension LIFT, or just aftermarket suspension?
I googled heckethorn, and it seems to be the maker of rough country...

Stacked blocks.

Does the bottom "block" look like a tooth from a loader or back hoe bucket to anyone but me?
Looks like you got you a nice truck there. Your suspension question has already been answered, I was just curious about the one pic.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Common type of lift block, I think found as original OEM parts (maybe?). I never liked stacked blocks like that though. I'd retorque the u-bolt nuts if I'd just bought the truck. Don't know if those yellow bars are traction bars or what but they do hang kinda in harms way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does the bottom "block" look like a tooth from a loader or back hoe bucket to anyone but me?
Looks like you got you a nice truck there. Your suspension question has already been answered, I was just curious about the one pic.
Dont know about where the block came from, the other side has the same one, but its on the top.. DOnt know why.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Common type of lift block, I think found as original OEM parts (maybe?). I never liked stacked blocks like that though. I'd retorque the u-bolt nuts if I'd just bought the truck. Don't know if those yellow bars are traction bars or what but they do hang kinda in harms way.
Thats a good idea, I'll do that tomorrow, thanks. ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
My stock '95 F250 has 'em and look identical to those. I personally have never seen blocks in a kit like that. I think they are for the bump stops as mentioned above.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts