Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9 inch with disk brake conversion. I went with a F350 booster and MC. I believe the part in question (see pic) holds some amount of pressure on the rear drums but I'm not clear on that. Should it be removed if I have disks? If so anyone know of an adapter to replace it.
Product Motor vehicle Coil Electrical wiring Cable

·
Man of endless projects
10,389 Posts
its hard to find the correct flare fitting to delete that. but it is best to delete it as it acts as a residual pressure valve and a proportioning valve

some of the disc/disc 2000s MC have a solid adapter to mimic the shape of the valve but is just really an adapter. might be able to find one of them you can use. you can tell them because they are solid 1 piece without a way to disassemble

Auto part Automotive wheel system Composite material Plastic Gas

what i tend to do is disassemble them. take out the little spring and plastic piece out of the front. then drill through the little shuttle valve (has to be removed to do so) and it will make it free flowing. dont have a pic to explain it, maybe tomorrow ill get a pic since i have to do it on my new MC anyways

Household hardware Nickel Gas Cylinder Auto part

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was thinking of trying to drill it through. If you get a chance to take a pic. That would be cool. I won't have a chance to get to it until next week hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have it apart. Do I just enlarge the hole? I can't see daylight when I try to look through it. Seems the whole may be a little larger on one side.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Fastener Rim

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats the issue. you have to drill through it. it doesnt have a hole though it. but if you drill it that center piece will jsut spin with the bit. pull it out and then drill it
Do I need to put plastic parts and spring back? I'm thinking no but though I would ask.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I have it apart. Why not just ditch the center piece? To much fluid then?
Line Gas Wood Auto part Screw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts