Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought of the idea of doing a long bed bronco?
Ive seen 4 doors and an ext cab or 2 but never just a long bed, did some measuring on my 79 bronco and the 77 f250 I could gain like 20 inches of wheel base and put a contractors box on d/s and p/s and either leave the extra rear over hang on or chop it off at the same length as the bronco's rear overhang. and gain a likewise amount of bed space also.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
its been done, but not in the way you are talking about. there are a couple desert broncos that have ~8' long beds, with matching toppers and everything.

but what you are doing sounds pointless. chopping up two trucks to make a bastard 3rd truck?

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
its been done, but not in the way you are talking about. there are a couple desert broncos that have ~8' long beds, with matching toppers and everything.

but what you are doing sounds pointless. chopping up two trucks to make a bastard 3rd truck?
:stupid

Get the thought out of your head......

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Sometimes you just want to do something different! I say go for it - it will make an interesting build thread. It's not something I would attempt because I like the wheel base and bed length in a stock Bronco. But I'd still find the build interesting and different. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
there has been times when i could have used the extra bed space. I say go for it. plenty of broncos and trucks have been butchered here before

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
No reason to ruin yet another discontinued vehicle. It kills me what some people do to these trucks.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
No reason to ruin yet another discontinued vehicle. It kills me what some people do to these trucks.
It's these kind of comments that make me want to get one, chop it up and post picks just to smite the people who say things like that..

That's being said.. I'm not sure how much longer you could do it.. Cause if you go to much you'll have to extend the frame and move the axle back.. Then you just lost what the bronco is all about..

The Centruian isn't a bronco.. It's a truck.. Which you would end up making a truck if you went to much.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
i got to agree there is only so many left, why chop up two trucks to build one that will probably never be finished. why not just put a topper on the f250?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
i think itd look better on a later model, kinda like a hummer truck?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it'd look better on a later model, kinda like a hummer truck?
Kinda but dare i say the image would be closer to an unlimited wrangler or a scrambler with the longer wheel base and just to let yall know it wouldn't be pullin 2 perfectly good trucks apart, the bronco is a bare frame and the f250 is an old mud truck, it wouldn't be a full 8 ft bed, the bed side from the pickup would start right behind the door and back it'd still retain the top and tailgate and etc just be stretched an extra 20 inches for wheelbase and add the storage boxes in each side infront of the rear wheels

·
Registered
203 Posts
^ FrankenChevy^ from hell!

But why can't I stop looking at it........

Harley,
If you got the time and parts there.....
Please take pics and start a build thread........

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
It's these kind of comments that make me want to get one, chop it up and post picks just to smite the people who say things like that..
You were probably wetting your pants when they announced the Cash for Clunkers program, weren't you? :smilie_slap

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
You were probably wetting your pants when they announced the Cash for Clunkers program, weren't you? :smilie_slap
C4C was oen of the worst ideas ever. my dad wanted me to enter the bronco. i told him **** no.

i think itd be better to take an f250 with a topper and remove the rear wall so its one big open space inside. then intall the mounts for a rear seat. instant longbed bronco.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I saw a blazer like this one time
Kinda looks like a suburban on a tractor trailer frame and a bed grafted onto the rest...still neat though. Isn't to bad...someone find andys franken jeemanche :rofl:

Doesn't mater what people cut up to me, yea, I might not encourage, but I'm not going to discourage someone. They make the $$$ to decide what they do with it :shrug:

KC

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts

That's being said.. I'm not sure how much longer you could do it.. Cause if you go to much you'll have to extend the frame and move the axle back.. Then you just lost what the bronco is all about..

The Centruian isn't a bronco.. It's a truck.. Which you would end up making a truck if you went to much.
you already have a thread like that.. the one where you tore apart that sweet looking red bronco which appeared to be in perfect condition, and junked the whole body.:goodfinge

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Nope.

I had already figured a way to bypass the smog nazi's and keep my cat-less vehicles on the road..

you already have a thread like that.. the one where you tore apart that sweet looking red bronco which appeared to be in perfect condition, and junked the whole body.:goodfinge
:histerica Very true.. However I tried to sell the bronco a few times but no one wanted it.. And it wasn't in perfect condition.. Only the outside look good cause of the macco paint job.. It was far from perfect.. Hell with a couple hundred bucks this F250 body swap will look just as good as that..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
As much as I hated it I loved hitting the junk yards and reaping the benefits from it. There were a million explorers I got 6 sets of gt40 heads and all kinds of interior pieces and etc etc...... I wasn't dumb enough to buy into the debt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts