Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back door panel keeps popping off because the tailgate tension bar is pressing against it hard enough to pop out the screws. Do I really need that thing? I've disonnected it for now but its probably going to rattle a bit and when I put the window down all the way it bumps the window supports. Window still works so i'm not really concerned about the bar, but thought i'd ask if it would hurt if I removed it completely.

Attachments

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,070 Posts
Well seeing as the support holder for the bar is missing on the right side, and it's serving no purpose right now anyways, remove it. It's there to make your 200 lb gate feel like 15 lbs when closing it.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,079 Posts
Mine has been broke since I got it. The tailgate is heavy to close, but other than that it works fine. The trouble is when I go to close my son's Bronco & slam it into my chin since I'm used to my two ton tailgate.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The biggest problem I ran into was when I lowered it once, it slipped from my hands and the weight of it smashing down snapped one of the cables.
It looks like you might run into the same kind of problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts